GideonTech.com Forums

• October 04, 2022, 10:55:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P IV motherboard advice  (Read 825 times)

dogstar

• Elite Modder
P IV motherboard advice
« on: May 19, 2002, 12:44:00 AM »

well, i didnt get the celeron i was looking at, they wouldnt agree to return it if it didnt work with my board, even tho the web site says it would.
but, while going to another store, which i now like better, i found a P IV mobo, for 90 bucks, which is cheap, but its an ECS, and they seem to have decent prices.
http://www.ecsusa.com/p4vxad_V31.cfm

any one here have any experience with this board, or read any reviews? so far i havent seen anything about it online, even http://www.motherboards.org hasnt reviewed it.
i definitely wouldnt mind stepping into a p4 1.6a with a half ass decent board for under 350 bucks, but i dont want to get soaked either :|
supra: why drive when you can fly?

honda: cause everyone needs a winter beater.

shwaip

• Senior Modder
P IV motherboard advice
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2002, 09:38:00 AM »

most ecs boards don't o/c very well, some even don't allow fsb adjusment, but the only ones i've seen are the ones for amd, but if what you want the 1.6a for is o/c, I wouldn't get that board.

willkill4food

• Senior Modder
P IV motherboard advice
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2002, 10:47:00 AM »

I have an ecs....no you cannot overclock it much, hardly at all.....the only way to overclock my XP is to change the fsb from 133 to 138 on my ECS K7S5A....its a good board...built in sound and LAN, for only $50...plus it takes DDR RAM...

-willkill

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
P IV motherboard advice
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2002, 11:47:00 AM »

Here's one:

ECS Review
Main system: 840EE on ABIT AW8-MAX, 2GB DDR2, GeForce 7600GT, SB X-Fi Platinum, 3x200GB SATA HDs, 2x DVD+/-R/RWs all in Antec P160, and modified H2O cooling system.

dogstar

• Elite Modder
P IV motherboard advice
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2002, 02:07:00 PM »

thanks for the linkie

found this in the review...
"Stability / Compatibility:
Since we had this board for quite some time, we managed to put it on a nice long ride for stability. The board was left running for over 72 hours with the Sandra burn-in wizard at it's maximum achievable overclocked setting (yes, ECS finally built SOME overclocking options) and we're happy to report that the board was as solid as they come- no crashes whatsoever."
yaay :)
i know ecs are not really o/cer boards, but ive got a nice overclocking board right now, im just looking for a cheap way to step into a really nice processor.
i can always save up and buy a firedragon or something later, but i might just end up trying this board and liking it.

that or getting the k7s5a and a 1000 mhz duron :)
supra: why drive when you can fly?

honda: cause everyone needs a winter beater.

Zee

P IV motherboard advice
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2002, 05:30:00 PM »

I have this board.  it's seems fine.   i tried adjusting the fsb and the comp wouldnt start.  

a question, i have a 1.7 p4  so im supposed to set the multiplier to 17x right?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 34 queries.