GideonTech.com Forums

• May 27, 2022, 08:08:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: PC/Office Setup Pics  (Read 9555 times)

Styles

• Senior Modder
    • http://www3.sympatico.ca/lampskin
PC/Office Setup Pics
« on: November 25, 2009, 12:03:40 AM »

I got some new toys ;)

New:
  • Logitech X540 5.1 speakers
  • HP Deskjet F4280 All In One
  • Cyberpower CP850AVRLCD 850VA UPS
  • Linksys WRT10 Wireless Router
  • Samsung SH-S222A/BEBE IDE Black DVD-Writer

Oh, and I also dropped another Arctic Cooling 80 mm fan in the side panel, but you can't see that :)

I like the speakers a lot, the printer gets the job done, and I haven't had a chance to test the UPS but around here the power from the grid is inconsistent.

The Linksys really leaves something to be lacking.  The router works ok now, but I spent about 3 weeks consecutively on the phone with the Linksys tech support cause the interface is horrible, and the "Easy Setup Guide" screwed up the settings.

Haven't had a chance to test the DVDRW, but it was cheap too, so I'm ok with it.

I think I'm ok for a while now.  I really have too much crap hooked up, and I need some way of organizing the bird's nest of wires that lurks underneath the desk.

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24
Re: PC/Office Setup Pics
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 08:02:22 AM »

Here's mine.  The only thing new is the monitor and the keyboard.  The monitor gave me a lot of desktop space to put on my happystick, plus my work lappy for WFH sessions.  Here you can see my aging speaker set, with the other two behind me for some 4.1 goodness, my old PC60 with all new (as of last year) hardware, bills near the mouse, my sorry attempt for clean wiring, my old IBM keyboard (under the mini table) plugged into the laptop dock, below to the left is the bills filing cabinet (with a Safeway liner), and my old RAM sticks I'm trying to sell on CL.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 08:06:56 AM by I LOVE ED »
My latest hobby: Down-voting QDB quotes from #geekissues.

Peppe316

• Senior Modder
    • http://www.CodeHeadz.net
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 05:53:07 PM »

Here's my work setup :D
No pics of the home office, it's a big mess (with no computer anymore)

« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 12:30:31 PM by Peppe316 »
I kill threads

Styles

• Senior Modder
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 09:41:49 PM »

Here's mine.  The only thing new is the monitor and the keyboard.  The monitor gave me a lot of desktop space to put on my happystick, plus my work lappy for WFH sessions.  Here you can see my aging speaker set, with the other two behind me for some 4.1 goodness, my old PC60 with all new (as of last year) hardware, bills near the mouse, my sorry attempt for clean wiring, my old IBM keyboard (under the mini table) plugged into the laptop dock, below to the left is the bills filing cabinet (with a Safeway liner), and my old RAM sticks I'm trying to sell on CL.

Hah, i see that you have the same mouse as me.  Good old MX500.

Did you make that joystick box?  That is awesomeness.  WFH?  What's that?  Oh wait...work from home.

In the summer I can WFH from my front porch that I built.  Nothing better than getting paid to drink beer and work outside when the weather's nice.

That's a nice Lian-Li case too...

So are you gonna pay those bills so you can save money for more computer stuff ;)

Yeah, my wiring is pretty bad.  I kind of staple gunned the speaker wires to some wood panelling on my wall, which incidentally has grooves in it ideal for running the wiring.  I'm gonna need some cable wraps to organize all that crap though.

Ahhh by bills filing cabinet, you mean garbage can :)  I was looking for an actual cabinet.

What RAM sticks?  I may be interested...What's CL?

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 09:46:10 PM »

haha, CL = craigslist.  Someone asked about it but they never answered back.  They're two sticks of PC2100 512MB crucials.  wanna buy?

I could work out at the deck but I hate typing on my laptop and not using a mouse, plus I normally use two displays like how I have it at work so I don't have to switch RDP windows as much.

I did make the joystick box, I have a thread about it here somewhere.  Maybe do a search for "happystick".
My latest hobby: Down-voting QDB quotes from #geekissues.

Styles

• Senior Modder
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 11:10:35 PM »

haha, CL = craigslist.  Someone asked about it but they never answered back.  They're two sticks of PC2100 512MB crucials.  wanna buy?

I could work out at the deck but I hate typing on my laptop and not using a mouse, plus I normally use two displays like how I have it at work so I don't have to switch RDP windows as much.

I did make the joystick box, I have a thread about it here somewhere.  Maybe do a search for "happystick".

hmmmm...i'm seriously considering it.  According to Crucial website, my Asus P4PE takes DDR SDRAM PC2700 or PC3200.

Do you know if it will be ok in my computer?  It's been a while since I've purchased RAM...

RAM is backwards compatible though, so I should be able to install the PC2100?

Is it 184 pin?

Is it DDR 266?

Is it DDR SDRAM?

Styles

• Senior Modder
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 07:08:27 PM »

Here's my work setup :D
No pics of the home office, it's a big mess (with no computer anymore)

wow...do you really need 4 screens? :)

The panoramic view looks real nice though :)

Peppe316

• Senior Modder
    • http://www.CodeHeadz.net
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 03:31:22 AM »

Quote from: Styles
wow...do you really need 4 screens? :)

The panoramic view looks real nice though :)

*need*...no, not really.  :lol:

I only use 3 of the monitors. On rare occasions I find a need to use all 4.
I kill threads

Melancholinpolly

• Elite Modder
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 09:32:32 PM »

I only use 3 of the monitors. On rare occasions I find a need to use all 4.

your desk is broken. it's got a yankee's flag on it.

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 04:11:49 AM »

Here's my home office, its not much to look at really. One old monitor, one new. We don't need no stinking bookshelves or paper or physical media when we have PDFs MP3s and AVIs.

I plan to get something to cover up those cords. Someday I will replace that old monitor with 2 new ones of the same type. That white board on the floor is to stop the Roomba from eating the cords.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 33 queries.