GideonTech.com Forums

• July 02, 2022, 08:46:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dell Inspiron E1505/6400 charger  (Read 3907 times)

KoRn Addict

• Elite Modder
  • It's not METAL enough!
Dell Inspiron E1505/6400 charger
« on: September 06, 2008, 12:04:00 PM »

So, my first laptop ever has finally reached the stage in life where ya gotta do something about the blasted battery situation. My charger gets a lot of use and is taken everywhere, so granted there's been some abuse until inevitable failure. For the past six months I've had to shove it in just right to get the damn thing to charge rather than sustain the laptop. As of yesterday, I haven't even been able to get it to charge at all, so therefore the laptop is straight up grounded. I went on to Dells site and was appalled at how much they want for a charger, let alone the 85w battery I ran into the dirt ($299!!), so I'm here to ask what y'all recommend. I can get an off-brand charger on e8ay, I can try and find a genuine one on e8ay, or I could shell out the big ones and get the OEM. So whats the deal with laptops?

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
Re: Dell Inspiron E1505/6400 charger
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 12:22:11 PM »

Well if you don't really need it to charge, just need it for power than you can buy one made by Targus or whoever else you so please.  They will not charge the laptop though.  That's what that center connector in the Dell PSU is for.  It sends a signal to the PC that it's a Dell charger and that is the only way you will be able to get it to charge.

So if you do want it to charge the battery then you will have to find a Dell charger from either someone on **** or buy one from Dell.  But for the price of $299 you might as well just shell out an extra $100 and get yourself a laptop.
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
Re: Dell Inspiron E1505/6400 charger
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 02:05:11 PM »

you don't even have to use ****. just check the internet for the charger/battery model number, there are lots of vendors out there that sell originals for much cheaper than the oem (dell).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 33 queries.