Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP  (Read 5298 times)

mfranzeen

• Case Mod Weenie
HELP
« on: August 18, 2008, 09:58:43 AM »

I NEED SOME HELP, EVERYTIME I GO TO TURN MY COMPUTER ON, IT GIVES ME OPTIONS FOR SAFE MODE, START MORMALLY ETC...  WELL, NO MATTER WHAT, I HAVE CHOSEN, IT STARTS LOADING, FLASHES TO A BLUE SCREEN, AND THEN RESTARTS ITSELF AND THE CYCLE GOES ALL OVER AGAIN. WHAT DO I DO???  I WENT INTO THE SYSTEM BIOS AND DID A HARD DRIVE SELF CHECK AND IT FAILED TEST #1- 07 FAIL...  THERE WAS ONE DAY LAST WEEK WHILE I WAS MESSING AROUND WITH IT I WAS ABLE TO GET IT INTO SAFE MODE. BUT THEN IT LOST POWER AND WONT RETURN TO ANY MODE AT ALL. WHAT CAN I DO???   ITS AN HP PAVILLION ENTERTAINMENT NOTEBOOK DV6000 SERIES

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 10:13:27 AM »

Sounds like you can go buy a new hard drive, and install XP on it.  Or if it's still under warranty then call HP and have them replace the hard drive for you.

Also, people don't much appreciate double posts or all caps.
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al

mfranzeen

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 11:11:37 AM »

ive thought about that but my problem there is i have over 5000 songs, hundreds of pictures and movies that i dont want to lose.

ClearCaseMan

• Elite Modder
    • http://www.casemodman.com
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 11:25:59 AM »

pull the drive and eplace it, then get an external sata to usb enclosure. copy your data and burn a copy.

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 12:18:41 PM »

ive thought about that but my problem there is i have over 5000 songs, hundreds of pictures and movies that i dont want to lose.

this is why people back things up. frequently. multiple times over, redundantly. often opting to have the computer do it for them automatically. and then they put a backup copy in an off-site storage facility, like a safe deposit box, on multiple medium. computer storage is not permanent, sadly. nobody likes to lost data, plan ahead next time.

hopefully you can recover the lost data, but if the hard drive is failing a check, then probably not. CCM's suggestion should work best.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 12:21:39 PM by urgannagru »

JoeJoe

• Senior Modder
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 02:04:46 PM »

ive heard this before and some people swear by it, after you replace the hdd and get everything running, and have the usb cable for attaching your old hdd, put the old one in the freezer for a half hour or so, then try plugging it in to retrieve your info.

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 02:28:11 PM »

ive heard this before and some people swear by it, after you replace the hdd and get everything running, and have the usb cable for attaching your old hdd, put the old one in the freezer for a half hour or so, then try plugging it in to retrieve your info.

You only need to try that if the hard drive won't start at all.  His is obviously spinning up since he gets the request to go to Safe Mode.
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al

MaxamusCrasious

• Elite Modder
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 03:50:33 PM »

You could always try booting off of an XP cd, going into recovery mode and running fixmbr, fixmft and a full chkdsk. It may bring the system up long enough to copy / burn your data off

mfranzeen

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 05:00:20 PM »

You could always try booting off of an XP cd, going into recovery mode and running fixmbr, fixmft and a full chkdsk. It may bring the system up long enough to copy / burn your data off

the only thing with that is i dont have an xp cd.  anyone have a version of it i could get a copy of???

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 05:14:15 PM »

No one here is going to give you a copy of Windows.

Spend the money -- get a new drive. I'm assuming your HP came with a restore disc? Maybe that will let you re-install what you need. Then the put the old drive in an encl. like CCM said and grab your files.

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 35 queries.