GideonTech.com Forums

• August 16, 2022, 05:34:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony Warranty/Laptop  (Read 4467 times)

divideByZero

• Elite Modder
  • woof
    • http://www.geocities.com/flatline_racing/index1.html
Sony Warranty/Laptop
« on: April 10, 2008, 02:20:10 PM »

So recently ive been having trouble with the battery on my c140 laptop. Ive had it for almost a year and all of a sudden over christmas break it decided not to charge. I called up sony and they had me do a power cycle and that fixed it. Much to my chagrin, the battery life was almost halved. Called back a few weeks ago and they had me install all this crap even though I told them that I put vista on there the day I bought it and this was 8 months later, whatever, it didnt work. Called them back yesterday around 4pm est, got esclated and they said that id be reciving a new battery in 2-4 business days, exciting. Woke up today at 9am, fed-ex is stading at the door with the replacement battery, holy crap they overnighted it.

I work in retail as a technology dept manager and hear horror stories all the time about warranty support, now I have something to shoot back at these idots that problay never even called in the first place.
To live by the beast is to die by the beast, a trail of blood amid pawprints means nothing unless it is my own.

Dave303

• Elite Modder
  • Thats MR. Slacker to you
    • MalatoryMods
Re: Sony Warranty/Laptop
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 07:06:08 PM »

I picked up a new dell insperion 1720 (Blue) last month. Tuesday I have it in my hands load Crysis (yes it can play it), C&C3 and Warhammer 40K. All getting ready for my SQL Training class that I fly out to on friday. Land and get to my parents house and start to show them my new laptop and Grind Scatch is heard from the HDD. I called dell - reset and remove everything extra that could be making noise and it still does it - HDD Crash.

I should have gotten it on monday or tuesday but it wasnt until wednesday that I get the replacement drive (still not bad turn around time and in a different state).

after about an hour I had the base system installed once again and been usable since then.
Now live in the Twin cities.

chase!

• Elite Modder
  • The Internet!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 04:05:34 AM »

Warranties seem to be getting better everywhere. It mostly has to do with how much profit they make off extended, and showing you this type of support for the standard means next time you might go with an extended because now you know it works.

Fact, companies make about %60 off an extended warranty. But a couple years ago, shows like 20/20 (or something) did a thing on warranties and how they were worth it because you get screwed and back then you did. So everyone is trying to turn that around.

Actually, I should write an article about which products you should buy extended warranties on, I know them inside and out and all the tricks on how to get the most out of them.

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 10:12:10 AM »

i'm one of those people who never buys extended warranties, but i was surprised to find myself actually buy one the other day. i bought a $500 printer from staples, and they told me that for $60 i could get a warranty where if it breaks, they come to me to fix it for free, and if they cant or dont want to then they give me a gift card for full retail value. not even that they just replace it, they would give me a full $500 again. i'd say thats pretty awesome, so i bought the extended.

bliq

• Elite Modder
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 06:24:32 PM »

i'm one of those people who never buys extended warranties, but i was surprised to find myself actually buy one the other day. i bought a $500 printer from staples, and they told me that for $60 i could get a warranty where if it breaks, they come to me to fix it for free, and if they cant or dont want to then they give me a gift card for full retail value. not even that they just replace it, they would give me a full $500 again. i'd say thats pretty awesome, so i bought the extended.

That sounds to good to be true, they won't fix/replace it AND give you $500.  If they said that, I'd be reading the terms of the warranty VERY carefully because the sales drone may not know how the warranty really works...

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 06:50:54 PM »

nono, they fix it, but if they can't fix it then they give you 500. i probably wasnt clear, and its only 500 cause that was the original price of it

divideByZero

• Elite Modder
  • woof
    • http://www.geocities.com/flatline_racing/index1.html
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 08:44:44 PM »

alot of the plans for printers under $500 just cut you a giftcard for the purchase price without taking the printer back. It costs too much to have someone ship back a dead printer, unless you sound like youre trying to bs them.
To live by the beast is to die by the beast, a trail of blood amid pawprints means nothing unless it is my own.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.353 seconds with 33 queries.