GideonTech.com Forums

• August 18, 2022, 02:29:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: color laser printers  (Read 5350 times)

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
color laser printers
« on: February 13, 2008, 03:25:35 PM »

I know that supposedly color laser printers can't print photo quality stuff as well as color inkjets, but I am 100% fed up with head cleaning, stripes on paper, etc. edit: basically i find that inkjets work great, if and when they work.

Does anyone here have experience with color laser printers that can recommend one?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 05:26:26 PM by urgannagru »

apollo17

• Case Mod Weenie
    • Connectopedia Web Directory
Re: color laser printers
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 04:10:35 PM »

Most consumer style printer are complete JUNK!!! Thats a kind of printer that you can buy at COSTCO or Best Buy. The way consumer lever printer manufacturers make money is not on the printer but the ink. If you look at any type of entry commercial printer you will definitely get a infinitely better quality printer that lasts for years, ink is cheap, quality is superb and fast printing. The one I recently bough is XEROX Phaser 8560MFP and I cannot describe in words on how much I love that printer. When it comes to photo quality with laser jet printing it is incredible. Maybe five years ago you could say that ink jets had better photo quality, now new laser jets have same if not even better photo quality. Again if you are comparing consumer JUNK laser jet printed with memory card readers, radio build in and coffee maker attachment. Then yeh... ink jets might have better photo quality.

ClearCaseMan

• Elite Modder
    • http://www.casemodman.com
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 04:20:38 PM »

for photos I use epson photo stylus printers, they just can be beat and the cost of ownership is much less than that of a laser printer. but we do have an oki9600 that prints photos very nicely. but the cost to fill this machine is expensive by inkjet standards.

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 04:51:56 PM »

for photos I use epson photo stylus printers
that is what i am looking to replace, an old epson stylus photo 2200, i can't stand it...

bliq

• Elite Modder
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 05:03:02 PM »

'm using a Canon Pixma MP780.  It prints very nice photos and canon is known for lo cost per page on its inkjets.  Only thing is it's finicky about using generic ink.  I have to use real canon ink.  still not that expensive.

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 05:27:41 PM »

lasers, people. lasers.

Cylent_Snyper

• Senior Modder
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 06:12:45 PM »

The Xerox phaser 8500N that i use at work does a great job for printing picture.  Sure it wont compare to the prints at the local photo shop, but it works wonderfully for what i need.  I use it to print DVD covers, and have yet to experience a problem in the 6months i have been using it.  Ink is not that expensive either, and it looks like playdoh :)

BalefireX

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • http://pics.aran.ws
    • pics.aran.ws
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 06:27:41 PM »

I've used Konica Minolta Magicolor color laser printers.  The photo quality is decent (but then again I use mpix.com to print anything I actually care about) but note that toner for color laser printers is very very expensive.

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 07:21:06 PM »

I have a Samsung CLP-550N here at home. It's decent, but replacing the toner is rather pricey.

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42

merlinicorpus

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • One with the corn.
    • merliniworks
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 01:58:33 AM »

We went to HP 2600n's at work and have had fantastic luck with them so far.  Obviously we don't do a lot of photo printing, but everything we print on them looks great.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 35 queries.