GideonTech.com Forums

• August 13, 2022, 06:36:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heed Help  (Read 2518 times)

Dave303

• Elite Modder
  • Thats MR. Slacker to you
    • MalatoryMods
Heed Help
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2004, 11:43:24 AM »

get an good PSU with 2 fans Antec True 350 or 420.

If you can get a Case that uses 120 mm fan you can move more air with less noise.

ALso look into replacing the HS & learn to lap it so you get a better surface to transfer the heat.
Now live in the Twin cities.

outonanisland

• Senior Modder
Heed Help
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2004, 11:49:31 AM »

4LC4PON3  im thinking you maybe shouldnt try watercooling till you can understand other vital computer hardware related concepts.

TIME FOR A SMOKE!!!

4LC4PON3

• Senior Modder
Heed Help
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2004, 11:53:49 AM »

yup yup. I actually used to build computers for a living if that is suprising but ive been out of it for many years now. so things Slipped my mind...
 at this Point ill do anything to get this pc cool & get it Quite. Like I said money is no Object & I will take an Suggestions you guys have to Offer..

outonanisland

• Senior Modder
Heed Help
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2004, 11:55:02 AM »

make sure your heatsink is mounted properly, you are using thermal paste arent you? make sure your fan is pushing not pulling, hows airflow in your case?

TIME FOR A SMOKE!!!

nOObee

• Elite Modder
Heed Help
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2004, 11:56:42 AM »

previous post was edited.

also, i wouldnt worry about lapping your heatsink unless you either just want to do it for the hell of it, or you are planning on overclocking and want to extract every last bit of performance from your processor.   i did my last one, but the benefits arent that great.  and it takes at least a couple of hours of drudgery to do it right.
for power supplies, enermax or pc power and cooling are the best, and antec also makes great power supplies.   those brands are pretty much in a league by themselves, although there are a couple of manufactures who are coming on.   get the best you can afford.  please note that alot of manufacturers play fast and loose with those power ratings, as there arent really any standards.  a 300 watt antec outperforms a 550 watt no-name supply, and probably even most of the name brands as well..

4LC4PON3

• Senior Modder
Heed Help
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2004, 11:59:19 AM »

Yeah I got arctic Silver thermal on the Proccessor not to much tho just enough. I understand the Thermal Part. The air Flow Sucks. Theres like 1 Fan in the Case & no Breather Holes. only a the Hole were the front Fan is & the hole were the back fan is Pushing the Air out. Im gonna Mod this Case a Bit to get some more Fans in heregonna put 2 on the Window one in the front & one on the Back & put a Air Duct on top of the Case for the Air to Escape... After im done with that Im Hoping that it Stays at a Good Temp & isnt so Loud. Im actualy going to Start working on that Tonight when I get home from work...

4LC4PON3

• Senior Modder
Heed Help
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2004, 10:22:21 PM »

Thanks everyone for the Help. I got my SYstem Now up & Running

I went with these Items

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/cas-206.html

&

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/cpu-arc-07.html

Temps are around 55 & Cooler... It is Now Quiet & running at a Steady 3000RPM'S... Thanks once again for the Post's they Came in Handy. Once the Pc is Officialy done ill Post some Pics for Yall

nemattoad

• Elite Modder
Heed Help
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2004, 10:34:57 PM »

outonanisland I understand his problem is solved, but for the record, most users will not use thermal paste on a P4 CPU when using the stock heatsink.

The reason is that P4 stock heatsinks come included with a thermal pad, and the thermal pad is very difficult and messy to remove from the heatsink.
My sig goes here

computerfreke911

• Elite Modder
    • http://www.geocities.com/computerfreke911
Heed Help
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2004, 10:37:26 PM »

Good old, extremly quiet, Artic Cooling.

4LC4PON3

• Senior Modder
Heed Help
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2004, 01:05:04 PM »

Yeah on the Stock P4 Heatsink there was a Thermal Pad but it was weired. it came of in Clumps not in like a semi liquid State... The System now idles at 45 & runs around 50 to 55 :) Me now Happy... Thanks again
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 33 queries.