GideonTech.com Forums

• October 20, 2020, 08:59:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amplifier in a cdrom case  (Read 5577 times)

pvravi

• Case Mod Weenie
Amplifier in a cdrom case
« on: July 23, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »

Here's my first attempt. I'd like to improve on this. Ideas please?

The original pre/amp was from a set of speakers I already had (obviously it is'nt good. Also they need an external adapter (the original adapter for the speakers).

My requirements: The PC is a HTPC in my living room. Obviously, for both sound quality and looks, I cannot/do not want to have little white speakers or any computer speakers in there. In fact I want to listen from my two big speakers. So, I originally opened up a PC speaker box (the same one you see in the pics), removed connections to it's little speakers, and connected the output of the amp to my 2 big speakers. It still had one little white speaker standing there. So this. At this point, however, power is supplied from outside to the amp in the DVDRW box, and it's only a stereo amp, a weak one at that.

I need ideas for a good quality 4 channel amp with controls from the outsite like I have here, and I need it cheap. I'm driving from my 5.1 soundcard (sub is powered). Also, it should be able to use the internal PS from the PC.

I need controls for front and rear volume control, and preferably Treble and Bass switch, with a power switch (as in my current one).  All of it should fit into the DVDRW box.

Currently I'm toying with using some auto amps. But the current requirement may be high for those.

Here goes:

modnut

• Elite Modder
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 07:06:51 PM »

:wtf: use bbcode and make sure you didn't turn it off.  use pics.gideontech.com to host them.

pvravi

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 07:14:25 PM »

Quote from: modnut
:wtf: use bbcode and make sure you didn't turn it off.  use pics.gideontech.com to host them.

Thanks
I was on the way  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 49 queries.