GideonTech.com Forums

• May 12, 2021, 12:16:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: temperature question  (Read 1713 times)

M1X33

• GT Fanatic
temperature question
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2004, 08:48:50 PM »

w/my slk-800(A) i get 28-36(36 is when i have space heater on. it gets cold here sometimes) and 9-12 on idle.
when i had volcano 11 and no case fans i got temps around urs so its not way to hot but it is shall we say "warm"

BalefireX

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • http://pics.aran.ws
    • pics.aran.ws
temperature question
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2004, 08:55:46 PM »

Even with a Vantec Tornado 92mm fan on that SLK900, if you are getting idle temps of 9-12C then either:

A) your room's ambient temperature is 35F or less

B) your temperature probe is broken/incorrectly set up.

Remember, with air cooling, it is a physical impossibility for the processor core to be equal or lower in temperature to the ambient temperature.

M1X33

• GT Fanatic
temperature question
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2004, 09:13:51 PM »

i dont know where it is its the standard one on the A7N8X Deluxe
i also have 4 80's on full and a 120 on full bast and the tt smartfan on bout half.
9 is close to boot up and with both doors off.
and yeah like i said believe it or not Georgia gets cold in winter and my pc is in a basement so its real cold. hence the space heater. u could add about 5 deg to ambient when it was in my room upstairs.

merlinicorpus

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • One with the corn.
    • merliniworks
temperature question
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2004, 09:54:51 PM »

32C to 51C is a lot bigger tempature range than I usually like to see, with 51C being at the very top end of what I would call an acceptable temp on a P4.  Usually for P4s I like to see tempatures in the 30C to 40C range with no more than 7C difference in temp between idle and full load.  I'm guessing that your heatsink isn't getting enough cool air flow and the temps are getting jacked way up when the CPU is loaded.  An additional intake or blowhole will usually solve that.

BalefireX

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • http://pics.aran.ws
    • pics.aran.ws
temperature question
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2004, 09:41:42 AM »

Quote from: merlinicorpus
32C to 51C is a lot bigger tempature range than I usually like to see, with 51C being at the very top end of what I would call an acceptable temp on a P4.  Usually for P4s I like to see tempatures in the 30C to 40C range with no more than 7C difference in temp between idle and full load.  I'm guessing that your heatsink isn't getting enough cool air flow and the temps are getting jacked way up when the CPU is loaded.  An additional intake or blowhole will usually solve that.

This was true with older P4s, pre 2ghz Northwoods and Willamettes, however, it is no longer true.  New P4 Northwood Bs and Cs, and Prescott "E"s all put out much more heat than their predecesors.  50-60C load with a stock heatsink is normal for these newer processors, and well within their thermal envelope.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 48 queries.