2385mein_comp.gif
<
1413picture_012.jpg
3206waiting_for_grill.jpg
>
2985my_comps.gif
>>

1413picture_012

Poster: DSLaBuda  (see this users gallery)

i took out the ghetto twin fans to clean it up a bit (also hated catching them when the front cover was removed.)
it's one of the fans from before with stock lian-li style grill, and with one of the radiation style car sidemarker lights, and a cigarette lighter (with built in light ring) from my now former employer. i moved the two switches up into the same panel to free some space. only took a few hours of dremelin' and sanding to do.

i'm not sure if the light will be on all the time or if i'll use it as a warning light. the cigarette lighter socket has a light ring, but it's so dim you only see it in the dark...hmm, next mod-hi output leds for it... :D

what do you think? i need opinons.
· Date: · Views: 32484 · Filesize: 15.6kb · Dimensions: 320 x 240 ·
Rating: ********* 8.67
Keywords: radioactive cigarette light

1:17am Rating: 8 

Nice look.

what's the lighter for? smoking close to the PC? Quit smoking- better for your circuits. :D

anyhow, nice sidelight idea and fangrill.

makes it look like the backpanel of a PSU :D

4:08pm Rating: 8 

looks good , sort of looks like a power supply at a quick look

12:10am Rating: 8 

nice and clean, does the side marker light up?
if it does, ram some ultra brights in there and play around with it.

2:23pm

Haha! it does look like a PSU!

11:53pm Rating: 10 

Very nice layout! I had a similar idea... does the nuke fallout sign light up, sequencing? Would love to see it in the dark.

11:34pm

i wired it to light up a few days ago finally, just to a switch though. i want to build a throb circuit to pulse the light. will post more pics once it's finished.

2:25pm Rating: 8 

That is really nice mod. How does the lighter work, doesnt it get really hot. What guage wire did you use to connect it, I would think it would not be very safe with standard power molex cableing. Does it heat the casetemps go up much when using it?

OUT

RAC

12:33pm Rating: 10 

i don't actually use the lighter portion, i have it there as external 12v power. nice to charge up the cell phone, etc while i'm there. i have tried the light once or twice, it doens't cause the case temps to rise by a noticable degree--possibly due to the 80mm next to it and the 120mm in the top right behind it.

wire = 14 gauge. it's what came in the kit.