GideonTech.com Forums

• October 31, 2020, 08:33:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sudgestions please,  (Read 665 times)

ragingonja

• Case Mod Weenie
sudgestions please,
« on: December 15, 2002, 11:11:31 PM »

i am looking for a morepowerfull cooling solution for my athlon "xp 1700+" @ 1.7, right now im at defult voltage at temps are 43*C idle, close to 50 at load, right now im running a volcano 7+ on the high settin,  its very hard to sleep in my bedroom when the computer is on now, so im thinking of going to water coolin, from everthing iv read about the cooling power and noise,  i was wondering about how much lower do you think my temps whould be genraly if i went water?  i know the cpu can do alot more  ( gotten her to boot at 1.8 ghz 11x166 @ 1.8v) but the heat  builds fast and i shut her down, i am sure the cpu will do more  btw my system specs are  

athlon xp @1.7 ghz
albatron g4  ti4200p turbo   280/650 settings  
512 meg ddr 333 mhz
80 gig wd hd
3dmark2001se score= 11,645 or sumthin like that

i know heat is my problem but i realy dont wanna chop my new case up for fans when  it will just make it loader then hell cuz more fans+ more holes= piss me off noise  

thats why i was thinking of watercooling before i cut about 4 big holes in the case to mount fans  i dont use the computer as a lan box or anything so the risk of the water system breaking should be almost non-existant "yes, no maby?"  as for price i got about 250$ now, dunno if i wanna spend much more

she is still locked but if i do go water cooling i am almost postive i will unlock the cpu before i but the water block on becuse i hate takeing the chance of crushing my cpu , iv read stuff on pelters but they seem risky due to the  condensation          any ideas on what i should do?

viridius

• Elite Modder
  • You know what I mean.
    • http://www.getyourlanon.com
sudgestions please,
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2002, 01:13:14 AM »

The XP 1700+ is actually 1.47 GHz.  Perhaps you have the XP 2100+ at 1.73 GHz.  You could try one of the high-end coolers from Thermalright or Swiftech.  They use 80 mm fans which, if chosen right, can really cut down on the sound levels.  As far as watercooling goes, if you don't use a Peltier, you can get cooling on the level of a very good air 'sink or better.  If you do, you will be idling below zero.  However, you will have to insulate your processor socket and some other stuff.  Watercooling is quiet, however.  The pumps and 120 mm fans are pretty low noise.
"I'm totally going to send ninjas after you." - BalefireX

MaverikV

• Elite Modder
    • http://maverikv.gnomelan.com
sudgestions please,
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2002, 01:21:52 AM »

He means he's running the 1700+ at 1.7ghz overclock

ragingonja

• Case Mod Weenie
sudgestions please,
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2002, 01:23:20 AM »

it is a 1700+ overclocked     11x 133 stock  

11x 154 right now

viridius

• Elite Modder
  • You know what I mean.
    • http://www.getyourlanon.com
sudgestions please,
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2002, 04:28:14 PM »

I stand corrected (but the advice still applies).  The recommendation is a 45+ CFM fan on the Swiftech MCX 470+.
"I'm totally going to send ninjas after you." - BalefireX

ragingonja

• Case Mod Weenie
sudgestions please,
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2002, 12:21:58 AM »

that whould not be much better then what im useing right now, "noise wise"  but i think i got everything solved now, found some watercooling kits, at a nice price 150$, i figured i might as well as give em a shot
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 35 queries.