GideonTech.com Forums

• September 23, 2019, 08:50:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: K7s5a recommended heatsink+fan  (Read 718 times)

Zee

K7s5a recommended heatsink+fan
« on: October 29, 2002, 06:40:00 AM »

hey i need a really good suggestion.  Has any owner of the ECS k7s5a mobo had any problem installing a heatsink and fan because of the size and etc...

Like would a volcano9 fit in this motherboard without touching anything?  or are the processor capacitors or anything else in the way?  Any recommendations on a really good HSF for this mobo?  Sound is not an issue.  But i just want to make sure that it'll fit because there doesnt seem to be a lot of space around the CPU area...

thanks

http://www.ecsusa.com/ecsusa/www.ecs.com.tw/products/graphics/k7s5a.jpg">

512 pc2100 ddr
Optorite 40x12x40
XWave sound

lots of useless fans
48~58c degrees <~I need a better fan or more holes in my case or something

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2002, 08:55:00 AM »

Hmm.  I just noticed, the K7S5A's CPU slot is faced differently compared to my K7AMA.  in the K7S5A, the slot lugs are pointing towards the RAM slots, while on mine, the lugs are pointing towards the PCI slots.  I don't know about you but I think it's easier to install the HSF on that board compared to mine.

Anyway, I see that there's not much capacitors surrounding the CPU slot (again, compared to mine), so even an AX-7 would fit that board (it fit mine :D).

Zee

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2002, 12:21:00 PM »

Yeah i see wat u mean.  Your corners are pretty tight spaced on the right side.  Im jus worried about the capacitors on the top side of mine(opposite the ram slots) cuz if i dont know the actual size of the aftermarket HSF's but if i get like volcano 9 i dont want the Heat sink to touch them(of course)... wat was the biggest problem u had installing your HSF?  The size of the Heat sink or the actual process of installing it?

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2002, 12:51:00 PM »

I have installed a Volcano7 on my mobo before (the Volcano 7 and the Volcano 9 is about sized the same), so it'll be very easy on your mobo.  The AX-7 has a bigger heastink base compared to the heatsink of the Volcano7/9 but it fits snugly, probably clearing the capacitors about 3-4mm.  As far as installing it, it's easy enough to install HSFs while the mobo's in the case.  The only problem I see for your mobo is that you may find it hard to clip in the HSF while there're some DDR sticks installed, since the CPU slot clipping part is very close to them.
My latest hobby: Down-voting QDB quotes from #geekissues.

saint-oni

• Elite Modder
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2002, 12:54:00 PM »

i have that same motherboard in my old computer. i use a Cooler Master IHC-H71 in it. i got no complaints.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.