GideonTech.com Forums

• July 23, 2019, 10:27:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digidoc5 sensor placement??  (Read 844 times)

shooter

• Senior Modder
    • http://www.thisoldglass.com
Digidoc5 sensor placement??
« on: October 26, 2002, 05:40:00 AM »

I was wondering what would be the best way to attach the sensor for my digidoc5 to the heat sink on my cpu? I use a TT7+ cooler, and there is a perfect wider slot in the middle of the fins, should be just the right size. BUT..I am not sure what to use to hold it down onto the copper with? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!! :)
Shooter==>>

ATFNegotiator

• Senior Modder
  • Legend - God - Hero?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2002, 07:03:00 AM »

what material's are u trying to join? rubber and plastic?, glue always works. super might eat away at the fan/sensor

shooter

• Senior Modder
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2002, 01:35:00 PM »

It is a copper heat sink, and the temp sensor from the digidoc5. It is just a flat tipped wire, very thin. I thought about a dab of hot glue..but figured it MAY insulate the sensor, and not give an accurate reading. Again, not sure...?? I thought maybe super glue up near the wire connection just in front of the temp pick up sensor, but not sure if it will make contact that way, and you only get one shot at it as well. My fat fingers, and that little slot do not make a compatible combination. :) The sensor tip is a plastic covered wire. Nothing special, but very thin, that is why I was worried about insulating it with glue.  
  I just thought maybe someone else uses one of these, and may let me in on what they used to hold it down. It comes with two sided tape for this, but I wanted to get it right onto the heat sink its self rather than slightly above it where the tape would place it. I just thought the readings would be a little more accurate that way is all.
  Thanks for the thoughts.
shooter==>>

Cabal

• Senior Modder
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2002, 02:02:00 PM »

i put mine in between the heatsink and cpu, gets better readings than you would in the fin of the heatsink, i used the tape they gave me.

basic

• Elite Modder
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2002, 02:12:00 PM »

here's what i did.

first, i cut off the excess plastic at the tip of the sensor so as to get a better measurement of temps. then i sit it right next to the die on my processor, and put a dot of superglue back a bit to hold the sensor next to the processor. you might have to strip away some of the wire to get it to fit right and not block your heatsink. i did all this to try and get the most accurate readings of my cpu temp

shooter

• Senior Modder
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2002, 06:46:00 PM »

Sounds like that is the way to go. It would not create an air pocket that way, and should not interfere with the effectiveness of the heat sink. Thank you all for your input, it was very much appreciated.
Shooter==>>

basic

• Elite Modder
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2002, 01:08:00 PM »

just make sure that the hs makes good contact with the cpu and isn't blocked by the wire.

shooter

• Senior Modder
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2002, 07:22:00 PM »

Thanks, will do. That is why I didnt want to mount it directly between the heat sink and the cpu, I was afraid it would leave an air pocket, no matter how small the wire was. My mobo monitors the CPU's temp for me anyway, (I just wanted something to check as a back up to the Asus software was all.) So as long as it is close to what I am reading on the asus read out I will be happy with that :) Thanks again.
Shooter==>>
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.