GideonTech.com Forums

• July 17, 2019, 08:27:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 120MM Fan & Radiator -- Too Big!!  (Read 1048 times)

USFJoseph

• GT Fanatic
120MM Fan & Radiator -- Too Big!!
« on: October 18, 2002, 05:31:00 AM »

I have the following case:

http://www.compgeeks.com/images/300x300/cas-500sel-soft.jpg">

I have a 120MM Sunon fan in there right now in the front section (the fan is 25mm in width).  I want to start using watercooling & I was looking at a 120MM radiator but there is no way I am going to get both up front there.

Are there any suggestions on how to make these both fit up front -- I would really like them up front since that's the only place I have on the case for a 120MM fan (I don't want to put a radiator on a window).  Should I just dremel away some of that metal??  Any other suggestions?

If you look in the back of the case you'll see there is a spot for two 80mm fans.  If you have any suggestions of a radiator that will fit over those two fans that would be much better as well!  Thanks!

Joseph

PokPok

• Senior Modder
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2002, 05:53:00 AM »

well heres a suggestion.  take a normal sized cd-rom and put it over the area in which yuo are intrested in puttnig it in.  if the cd cant get there...most likely the fan and rad. wont.

GrendelPrime

• Senior Modder
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2002, 05:56:00 AM »

I put the 120 for my radiator blowing out the bottom, which required the PC to sit on casters.  My original intent was to bring cool air from outside the case, through the radiator, and back out of the case.

DSLaBuda

• Senior Modder
    • http://www.modasylum.com
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2002, 06:35:00 PM »

On 2002-10-18 06:31, USFJoseph wrote:
I have the following case:

http://www.compgeeks.com/images/300x300/cas-500sel-soft.jpg">

I have a 120MM Sunon fan in there right now in the front section (the fan is 25mm in width).  I want to start using watercooling & I was looking at a 120MM radiator but there is no way I am going to get both up front there.

Are there any suggestions on how to make these both fit up front -- I would really like them up front since that's the only place I have on the case for a 120MM fan (I don't want to put a radiator on a window).  Should I just dremel away some of that metal??  Any other suggestions?

If you look in the back of the case you'll see there is a spot for two 80mm fans.  If you have any suggestions of a radiator that will fit over those two fans that would be much better as well!  Thanks!

Joseph

outther

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2002, 06:47:00 PM »

(the fan is 25mm in width). That would be 25CM not MM

Grandel Prime What does it look like currently now you have power to the MOBO,CD ROM's 3.5 instaled?

USFJoseph

• GT Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2002, 12:47:00 AM »

Yeah I thought about in the top bay thing but I currently have a window in the top of the case so that won't work.  

Right now I'm thinking that I might just take out that bottom drive bay & put it there.  Not sure what else I can do.  The Black Ice Micro is ok from what i hear but not great so I want to get the Black Ice Pro.  Not sure of any where else I could be that large of a radiator & fan.  Wish someone had a really good 80mm radiator.

Oh well,  thanks for the suggestions though!
Joseph

P.S.:  No it really is 25mm -- check out the specs here: http://www.dangerden.com/mall/radiators.asp

Chavezxp

• Senior Modder
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2002, 07:48:00 AM »

HAHA :) 25 cm is large 25 mm is 2.5 cm or about an inch. 25 cm is almost a foot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.455 seconds with 20 queries.