GideonTech.com Forums

• August 17, 2018, 08:43:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCO update!  (Read 3870 times)

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
MCO update!
« on: October 11, 2001, 12:17:00 PM »

I know alot of you don't give a rat's a$$ about this game, but I have grown a fondness towards it, so I'm sorry.  Ok....

Two words: cheat prevention!

EA has actually implemented a WORKING cheat prevention scheme in MCO.  I noticed it last night while racing.  One track had a top time of 1:16:06, not bad.  I missed the top ten by a mere 9 seconds.  I left and returned only to see the bogus times again: 43:59.  Now, I thought that EA and MCO f*cked up again, but a few minutes later, the times were fixed, and the cheaters were marked.  Incredible!

The only thing that still stinks is the auctions, but since MCO didn't do a server wipe (erased all characters) there are still cheaters with huge bank rolls.  I laugh, cause the only thing they can do now is buy parts and build a car they can't drive worth a camel's butt.

As of right now, I would seriously consider buying this game.  Knowing that the cheat prevention is working, and the economy will be fixed is making this game more and more appealling to me.  The only thing left is the monthly fee, but if it's $5 USD/month, I'm there!

---------------------------

UPDATE!!!!

MCO BETA is available for download again.  If you want to see just what the hell I'm so excited about, go to (ugh!) Fileplanet, and download this bad boy.  It's huge, though...419MB.

Give it a try.  It's free, and you might actually like it.
P3 733@803 on an Asus M/B, 512MB PC800 RAM, Pioneer 103s DVD, Plextor 16/10/40, 2x60G & 30G (7200/ATA100) H/Ds, Hollywood + Decoder, SB Live!, and kick ass cable modem all jammed into a modded Lian Li PC60 case....
Main system: 840EE on ABIT AW8-MAX, 2GB DDR2, GeForce 7600GT, SB X-Fi Platinum, 3x200GB SATA HDs, 2x DVD+/-R/RWs all in Antec P160, and modified H2O cooling system.

Antacus

• Senior Modder
MCO update!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2001, 05:52:00 PM »

For free I'll give it a go, waiting on fileplanet now. Only another 300 ppl before my d/l starts, at a whooping 20k I bet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.