GideonTech.com Forums

• October 21, 2018, 12:24:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Motor City Online...buy it or not?!?  (Read 3006 times)

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
Motor City Online...buy it or not?!?
« on: October 08, 2001, 04:05:00 PM »

This post is from one of the developers of MCO.  It is listed in the message boards.  This one is a response to all the complaints of cheating in the game.....

"  Ok now, once and for all  Message 137 / 162

For any of you complaining about the cheating in beta, I have a suggestion and you better follow it:

DON'T BUY THE GAME ONCE WE ARE LIVE IF YOU THINK IT MAY NOT BE SECURE!!!!!!!

Got it? Good. Sit it out on the sidelines and wait. Read the boards. Find out from friends if cheating is still an issue. It's that simple. If you are correct, and it's like it is in beta, then don't buy the game! Save your money! But see, I know something you guys don't. Cheating will be eliminated once we go live. Don't believe me? Well, like I said, sit on the bench while we all go and race, level, advance for a bit. You'll see. No use complaining your heads off about it now. Cheaters will not be tolerated, they will be banned. We'd all have to completely stop fixing the game and focus on banning a million cheaters if you wanted us to do it right now. Plus more will just sprout up. WE ARE FIXING THE BUG. Seems like the most sound approach. Spend energy bailing out the ship while it's still sinking.....or fix the hole? Get it? Good. Have a nice day.

- Ghoughakka Level 6 Amateur......... MCO - Production Staff........ Don't blame me! Blame Hydrashock!........ "Driving on a figure 8. Going nowhere but I'm guaranteed to be late."  

Now, I don't know about any of you folks, but this is seriously NOT what I wanted to hear.  

As of right now, cheaters are dominating everything in the game.  From race times to auction items.  It has become, for me, a game of what kind of power can I get with catalog and stock items, since I can't afford to compete with people who bid 10,000 dollars on a 2,000 dollar part.

EA said during this BETA that cheaters would be banned, yet not ONE has.  If they believe that they will have this fixed by the time they go live, good for them.  But right now, MCO is nothing but a cheaters haven.  They hack times, tracks, and generally made a game that could've drawn on its racing and economy into a place where the best cheater(s) win.

So, be a little wary if you are interested in getting this game (supposedly due out mid-Oct/early-Nov).  Unless EA fixes these HUGE holes, you're gonna be kind of disappointed in the lack of fair play.

Will I get it?  Maybe.  But I won't pay for extra months if the cheating is rampant.

P3 733@803 on an Asus M/B, 512MB PC800 RAM, Pioneer 103s DVD, Plextor 16/10/40, 2x60G & 30G (7200/ATA100) H/Ds, Hollywood + Decoder, SB Live!, and kick ass cable modem all jammed into a modded Lian Li PC60 case....
Main system: 840EE on ABIT AW8-MAX, 2GB DDR2, GeForce 7600GT, SB X-Fi Platinum, 3x200GB SATA HDs, 2x DVD+/-R/RWs all in Antec P160, and modified H2O cooling system.

Antacus

• Senior Modder
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2001, 02:57:00 PM »

Ohh gawd... pay per month? Like UO?

Nothing kills a game faster then that for me. Oh well, sounded like it would be a good game until that.

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2001, 04:43:00 PM »

Yup, it's a monthly fee.

Right now, the price range "rumor" is somewhere between $5-10 USD/month.
Main system: 840EE on ABIT AW8-MAX, 2GB DDR2, GeForce 7600GT, SB X-Fi Platinum, 3x200GB SATA HDs, 2x DVD+/-R/RWs all in Antec P160, and modified H2O cooling system.

Antacus

• Senior Modder
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2001, 05:19:00 PM »

I LOVE rpg style games and refuse to pay the $10 monthly fee for UO or Evercrack. Guess this is just another game that lost a sale.... like they really care about one sale tho :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.