GideonTech.com Forums

• November 16, 2018, 01:58:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Motor City Online  (Read 12788 times)

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
Motor City Online
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2001, 11:23:00 PM »

To download, use the link above.

To visit the website, use the link below:
http://www.ea.com/exphat.jsp?destURL=http://www.motorcityonline.com/

BTW - you should notice that they did close this phase of BETA testing today.  So, if you didn't get the regisitration code, you won't.  Sorry.

P3 733 (not O/Ced) on an Asus M/B, 256MB PC800 RAM, Pioneer 103s DVD, Plextor 16/10/40, 2x60G & 30G (7200/ATA100) H/Ds, Hollywood + Decoder, SB Live!, and kick ass cable modem all jammed into a modded Lian Li PC60 case....
Main system: 840EE on ABIT AW8-MAX, 2GB DDR2, GeForce 7600GT, SB X-Fi Platinum, 3x200GB SATA HDs, 2x DVD+/-R/RWs all in Antec P160, and modified H2O cooling system.

Antacus

• Senior Modder
Motor City Online
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2001, 11:56:00 PM »

sigh. I tried and tried to d/l the file. damn fileplanet sucks a$$. 3 days it took over 2hrs to start the d/l so I went to bed not realising I had to click when my turn cam up. 2 more days of waiting in line and starting the d/l.... only to have it time out because fileplanet can't handle a 400meg d/l. Now I can't get the file at all???

I am in the mood to write Sierra a nasty-gram about all this and never buy the game, no matter how good it is, once it is released.

Can't find any contact info other then "give us your money now" type of crap. Man, they don't even want customer input?

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
Motor City Online
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2001, 12:24:00 AM »

nullnullYou'd have to write EA, not Sierra.

I could put it on Morpheus, but according to the "rumor" of the day, they (Motor City servers) are wiping out info TONIGHT!  AARRGH!!!!  I hate this part of BETA testing!!!

Once I find a place to put my lastest car pic, I'll post it.  I'm gonna miss the green beast!  :(  

PM me if you want the file......
Main system: 840EE on ABIT AW8-MAX, 2GB DDR2, GeForce 7600GT, SB X-Fi Platinum, 3x200GB SATA HDs, 2x DVD+/-R/RWs all in Antec P160, and modified H2O cooling system.

Antacus

• Senior Modder
Motor City Online
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2001, 10:16:00 AM »

heh, Sierra / EA ... just shows how tired I was last night. I poked around the site, WHOLE lotta "EA"s posted and not one Sierra but I still thought the latter. Go figure :)

If the servers go bye bye tonight it aint worth it for me. I am not going to be home until late and by the time I d/l the thing I would get a whooping 1-2hrsa play time. :(

Peyote

• Senior Modder
Motor City Online
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2001, 12:02:00 PM »

Last night I got the new patch and now when it looks for servers the game crashes. :(

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
Motor City Online
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2001, 06:56:00 AM »

Well, after getting back on to Motor City Online, I can say this.......

1.  The cheating is not as bad.  The race times are better, but the money is whacked.  There are still level 1 folks with over 500K dollars.

2.  The prize money has been cut almost in half, and that sucks.

3.  Parts are still high.  Add that with prize money getting cut, and that's more left turns to get decent parts.

4.  Some people just can't drive worth a crap in the game.  :)

Hopefully EA will fix some of these problems, or else they will have a hard time keeping "honest" gamers interested, especially when hacked (or even rigged) accounts f*ck up the auctioning sections.

About the rigged accounts.  There seems to be a little scam going on where someone asks you to make a persona, give all you have to them, and they will do the same in return.  DON'T DO IT!  Usually they split.  If possible, remember their name, and report the jackass.

Other than that....I'm enjoy the hell outta this game.  Just wondering what the monthly fees will be....???

:)

Peyote

• Senior Modder
Motor City Online
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2001, 12:46:00 PM »

Ya it's fun. I don't like how they cut the money down now cause I went and spent my extra money right away and then see I get sh*t all for time trails.

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
Motor City Online
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2001, 04:20:00 PM »

Well, according to EA, they set all the prices for the "shipping version" of the game.  

So, I guess, this is getting close to the finalize version of the game.

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
Motor City Online
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2001, 06:10:00 PM »

Well, my automatic mailer friend from EA told me that the game is due out around Oct. 16-18.  

The thing is....they still haven't really determined if and how much a monthly cost will be.  :P

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.