GideonTech.com Forums

• August 17, 2018, 08:42:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Motor City Online  (Read 12296 times)

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
Motor City Online
« on: September 29, 2001, 12:18:00 AM »

Has anyone, other than me, tried this game?!?

It's unbelievable.  Yeah, it's just a racing game online, but you can totally customize your car, buy/sell cars and parts, and race in a circuit, sponsor event, etc.

I had to download this HUGE file to play in the beta testing.  The servers aren't very reliable, and there must be some rampant cheating, since I saw a few level 50 racers, and a few races have a top speed of 177mph with an avg. of 0 mph.  

This is cool.  I am still a level one racer, but I won enough money doing sponsor racing to fix up my ole pickup truck.

It's a HUGE 428MB file to get involved in the beta testing, but if they fix up the cheating and add more servers, this could be incredible.
Main system: 840EE on ABIT AW8-MAX, 2GB DDR2, GeForce 7600GT, SB X-Fi Platinum, 3x200GB SATA HDs, 2x DVD+/-R/RWs all in Antec P160, and modified H2O cooling system.

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com
Motor City Online
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2001, 06:31:00 AM »

wow...kind of like Gran Turismo online. Nifty idea..got a link btw? :)

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42

Antacus

• Senior Modder
Motor City Online
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2001, 09:26:00 AM »

sounds cool. Does it require a lot of fancy kbing like mech warrior did?

This a purchase style thing I would guess...

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
Motor City Online
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »

I wish I had a link.  You can find the BETA download at Fileplanet.  Just do a search for Motor City Online.  Like I said, it's f'n huge.  Took me 2 hours to download w/ a cable modem.

It's like Gran Tursimo, but most of the cars are muscle cars from the late 50's to mid 70's.  I'm talking about Cudas, Mustangs, GTOs, Chargers, etc.  Not exotic cars like Lamborghni, Ferrari, and Vipers.  There are Vettes, and they are expensive.  Kind of ironic how they weren't expensive back then, but in the game, they are...???

I think it's still in open beta phase, at least for a little longer.  Then it might get trimmed down to do the last bug hunts.

Here's the latest lowdown from my experience...

First, race in sponsored time circuits.  They don't penalize you for quitting or destroying a car.  And, if you qualify, you get money!

Second, test run your vechile before doing any races, especially on a track your thinking about trying.  I damn near totalled my truck at a Gran Prix track because I wasn't use to the handling of the thing.

Third, learn how to utilize the "tap brake, gas, brake, gas" method, especially in tracks with alot of curves, or you'll be visiting the walls, alot!

Lastly, try to beef up your handling first, then power, then everything else.  Your car won't mean crap, if you can't control it.

If you do try it out, the test servers are open until 10pm PST on weekdays, and midnight PST on weekends.  BUT...the servers aren't on EVERY week.

Look for me when your there.  I'm NM Dante!
Main system: 840EE on ABIT AW8-MAX, 2GB DDR2, GeForce 7600GT, SB X-Fi Platinum, 3x200GB SATA HDs, 2x DVD+/-R/RWs all in Antec P160, and modified H2O cooling system.

Antacus

• Senior Modder
Motor City Online
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2001, 11:39:00 PM »

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
Motor City Online
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2001, 04:46:00 AM »

Thanks for help with the link, A-man!

ozntz

• Elite Modder
Motor City Online
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2001, 08:39:00 PM »

cool i will try it this weekend :)

Peyote

• Senior Modder
Motor City Online
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2001, 10:03:00 PM »

Let it d/l last night got it going this morning nice game reminds me of Intersate 71 but better gameplay. Lots of features. Just takes forever to get the reg code for the game.

NMDante

• Elite Modder
  • Aaargh!
Motor City Online
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2001, 10:29:00 PM »

And remember........

This week is the last official week of this phase of beta testing.  At least that's what their server update says.

Everything is going to be wiped, and started over, supposedly.  

I hope I get picked to go on to further beta testing, cause I was really getting into the game.

brutal

• Elite Modder
    • http://www.brutal.tk
Motor City Online
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2001, 11:06:00 PM »

anyone have a link for the game right now? lemme know
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 19 queries.