GideonTech.com Forums

• August 16, 2022, 04:37:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: DesignComp DCi CM-42CL DIY Acrylic Case  (Read 8396 times)

The Duke

• Senior Modder
DesignComp DCi CM-42CL DIY Acrylic Case
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2002, 04:08:00 PM »

I think it's cool and wouldn't mind having one. How are the temps, by the way?

wingnuts

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2002, 11:18:00 AM »

=( I just bought one and after opening the box i saw HUGE scratches on the front panel. Now before anyone says live with it. Let me say again its HUGE, some are 1 1/2 inches in length, deep and ugly right on my front panel and for something that is supposed to be clear I think this is a tad bit of a problem. Anyone else run into this? I went through their polices and it looks like im SOL (will not be responsible for any damage to the product itself) what kind of crap is this? I expected more from a 200 dollar case

bob_dole_nz

• Senior Modder
    • http://www.ffiends.com
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2002, 12:25:00 AM »

check your shipping contract carefully, or just complain to them that it was inadequately packaged and get them to sned you a replacement front panel. (Although how the scratches got there is beyond me. ???

wingnuts

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2002, 12:54:00 PM »

well I  just got off the phone with a guy from designcomp and he said I just had to send in the front panel and they would send me a new one. Seems I was the only unlucky person to get a scratched case as he informed me this was a first time for this to have happend.  In all reguards this seems to be a great company and I was very pleased on the way they handled this. Thanks guys

AzNPrideBoy

• Elite Modder
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2002, 03:17:00 PM »

Isn't $200 kind of expensive for a case that you have to build yourself?  Aren't the ones already built around the same price?

warriorx1

• Elite Modder
    • http://warriorx.tripod.com/
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2002, 09:06:00 AM »

i'd rather buy a dyi case even if it was a little more expensive than a already put together one.

that's just a case modder thing. ;)

davebren

• Case Mod Weenie
expansion cards
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2003, 12:08:06 PM »

Hi,

I know that this is an older thread, but maybe someone still reads it ....

I built this case last week (bought at SVC.com, case was no-name, but it's the same case as I can see from the pictures and DesignComp site; the documentation is identical as well....

Anyway, I have everything fitted nicely except the expansion cards - the screw holes & the bracket holders are about 1-2mm off, what is enough to make the cards not fit right, or better, not to be able to tighten the screws easily. I was just curious whether anyone else ran into similar problem?

I disassembled the case and rearranged everything for the second time (again, with all case screws loose as before, still the same problem.

Anyone?

thx
dave

saint-oni

• Elite Modder
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2003, 12:25:01 PM »

for 200 bucks, id rather just build do a dyi with my own deisgn, and get the materials from lowes or something. i was thinking 30= cheap case + 150 = a whole lot of plexi. you could make whatever you wanted clear, or nearly any clear design you wanted. no way im paying 200 bucks for a case. id rather spend 30, and get some really kick-ass hardware fo the inside. or mabe a watercooling unit :D

davebren

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2003, 01:00:48 PM »

saint-oni, thx for reply

this case was much cheaper, only some $95 what I found fairly reasonable; everything fits precisely, with the exception of those mentioned expansion slots ...

I would love to do my own case of course, but have no tools (and workshop) for project of thta magnitude; ie cutting plexiglass, beveling the edges, polishing etc.

cheers
dave

Here is the pic:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.345 seconds with 34 queries.