GideonTech.com Forums

• June 19, 2019, 09:49:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mcglen.com being hacked  (Read 3398 times)

Polarhound

• Case Mod Weenie
mcglen.com being hacked
« on: September 23, 2001, 11:24:00 PM »

I'd love to say I have sympathy for them being hacked, but I don't.

I attempted an order once from them... I got an email saying I had to call because of CC address problems.  I called and waited on hold... and waited... and waited... and waited.   I started a new D2C char right after I was put on hold, and was in Act 3 before I finally got someone on the line!  I was so pissed, I cancelled the order.  Total wait time:  3.5hrs.

3 weeks later I get an email saying that my order was being processed.    Another 2 hours on hold without an answer, so I try email.  

I get a response back saying how orders are never truly deleted, only put on hold.  After straightening everything out, another week goes by and I get an email stating how parts have been backordered for 30 days and asking if I want a refund!  At this point I'm slightly ... annoyed.....

The email responses I got back at this point were nothing short of rude.  They also kept my email info from the order and added me to their mailing lists!  When I tried to clear it up, the response from mcglen.com was that they don't delete customer information, even if an order is cancelled, and although I can jump through the hoops to take my name off the mailing list, they still have the email address on file and didn't rule out adding all the addresses AGAIN.  I filed a complaint with eTrust for violations of their privacy policy, and recommend never dealing with them.

I'll stick with TCWO, NewEgg, Outside Loop, Azzo, PUI, and Computers4Sure.. at least they know how to treat a customer.....

ozntz

• Elite Modder
mcglen.com being hacked
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2001, 07:53:00 AM »

what did you do as you hold for many hours? lol. Doesn't look like i will order anything from them.

Polarhound

• Case Mod Weenie
mcglen.com being hacked
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2001, 01:12:00 PM »

Sat around playing Diablo2 while permanently setting my head at a 20 degree angle to the left from holding the cordless phone for hours on end..

ozntz

• Elite Modder
mcglen.com being hacked
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2001, 09:38:00 PM »

lol i sugest you get a head set...i have a $10 radioshack one it works great :)

Polarhound

• Case Mod Weenie
mcglen.com being hacked
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2001, 04:37:00 PM »

Nah.... I'm a glutton for punishment :)

ozntz

• Elite Modder
mcglen.com being hacked
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2001, 08:20:00 PM »

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.