GideonTech.com Forums

• April 06, 2020, 12:25:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Custom Computer Sites, You Opinion...  (Read 3273 times)

The Duke

• Senior Modder
Best Custom Computer Sites, You Opinion...
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2002, 10:23:00 PM »

I usually go to Duke's Computers to get mine, so I've never bought one from any of these places. I was in Best Buy the other day and saw an Alien Ware sitting there. I felt ashamed. An Alien Ware in all it's glory with the regular Best Buy computers, being looked over like an ordanary piece of meat, unappreciated. It was kinda sad. The front door was broken and the fan was covered in dust. I had to leave, or I was going to 'casue a scene. :(

MajikMan

• Elite Modder
    • http://www.hatefulhelp.com
Best Custom Computer Sites, You Opinion...
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2002, 09:58:00 PM »

Well...I've got a friend who got an Alienware (after I told him numerous times ot just build his own damn system). The system is...alright. It has that huge Antec case and the wiring is a mess. My pc60 is much neater with that and I really suck at cable control.

At any rate, I can speak for him in saying that their support sucks badly. He paid for the 3 year support with his machine. About 2 months after he got it, the hard drive fried. It took him about a month to get a replacement drive from Alienware.

If I was going to get a "high preformance" computer, I would probably go Falcon because the consistantly seem to get the best benchmarks, but by far the easiest, cheapest and best way to get a computer is to build it yourself. You'll get higher-quality components (or at worst, the same quailty) and will end up paying about $1,000 less for a top-end system. The machine I just finished building cost me about $2,000 (split between my money and mom's graduation gift to me). The same system with less hard drive space, less RAM, no mods and a worse mobo cost over $3,000 from Alienware. I would be willing to bet that my box would probably outbench their system as well.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 33 queries.