GideonTech.com Forums

• October 25, 2020, 10:16:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TwinView with a Projector  (Read 1180 times)

Kitrik

• Case Mod Weenie
TwinView with a Projector
« on: July 01, 2002, 08:35:00 PM »

Heres the situation - I have a GF3 Ti200 with a standard Sony Trinitron attached. I have use to a projector right now and am running a home theater system with it (very fun!). I just got a digital to analog converter for the second head on the vid card. However, the vid card does not detect the projector as a device and therefore won't allow me to setup twin view or dual view or whatever you want to call it. The best I can get right now is a cloned image, which isn't so bad, but it would be cooler to have use of the twin view. Any suggestions on how to get this thing working? I have tried pluggin the projector into the analog port and the monitor into the digital port with the converter but now it won't recognize the sony as a monitor. Does the converter kill the signal for detecting it as a device? Hmmm....

Kitrik

Kitrik

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2002, 09:42:00 PM »

Nevermind - I found my answer after some more serious searching. I guess GF3s are not capable of supporting dualview with a dvi-vga converter because of the lack of dual RAMDAC processors. Hope this helps others who might run into the same problem..

Doh!

Kitrik

Ottoman

• Senior Modder
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2002, 08:44:00 AM »

If you want true Dualview (or Dualhead) go get a Matrox card.  I have the G400 MAX, and it rox!  They have a new one coming out, named the Parhelia, that is going to rival the gForce 4.  However, it supports 3 monitors!  WAHOO!!

WICKED

• Senior Modder
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2002, 10:10:00 AM »

By the time that comes out it's gonna rival the geforce 5.  Atleast when the high end card comes out that is.

Video: Xtasy GF4 Ti4600  
Ram: Samsung DDR333 PC-2700 512mb
HD: Seagate Barracuda IV 60GB 7200RPM
DVD: TOSHIBA 16X, 48X CD ROM
CD-RW: PLEXTOR 40x-12x-40x
www.artinfantry.com - art and games for sexing

Aglar

• Elite Modder
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2002, 06:04:00 PM »

The Parhelia is out and has been reviewed by a couple of sites (check back in the Gideon Tech news for the links, I don't remember), and it's a bit iffy. It has some great features, but lacks a lot of raw power due to somewhat low clock speeds. It's expensive, too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 34 queries.