GideonTech.com Forums

• October 25, 2020, 11:07:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ECS motherboard help!  (Read 839 times)

theclone

• GT Fanatic
ECS motherboard help!
« on: July 02, 2002, 07:44:00 PM »

model number:k7s5a

ok for some reason it wont play mp3z through the sound card itll play wavs
all software checks seem ok...am i crazy here! also there is no onboard moniter slot theres 2 male ones! i am confused! help me!

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24
ECS motherboard help!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 07:31:00 AM »

Ok, I'll try to help since as far as I know, the K7S5A is pretty much like my mobo, the K7AMA, except for the chipsets.  It doesn't have onboard video.  it only has onboard LAN and sound.  the two male sockets are serial ports.  
As for the sound problems.  If you have updated the drivers for it, and still getting problems, I suggest you disable it and use a soundcard.  I had a lot of issues with, more on conflicts.  This is true for the AMR modem (if you're using it).  disabling them alltogether can and probably fix it.  These features can be great but I guess they have crappy drivers.  Hope that helps.
My latest hobby: Down-voting QDB quotes from #geekissues.

haggertus

• Elite Modder
    • http://justin.thehaggertys.net
ECS motherboard help!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 09:50:00 AM »

yeah i have the k7s5a, i definately doesn't have on board video.  like x24 said those are serial ports.  as far as the on board sound goes, i can't help, i've never used it.  sorry man.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION...

snow veil

• Elite Modder
ECS motherboard help!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2002, 02:04:00 PM »

I use the board with onboard sound and everything's fine.  The only problem I could see, that if it plays wavs but not mp3s is that you don't have an mp3 codec installed.  

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24
ECS motherboard help!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2002, 02:06:00 PM »

On 2002-07-03 15:04, snow veil wrote:
I use the board with onboard sound and everything's fine.  The only problem I could see, that if it plays wavs but not mp3s is that you don't have an mp3 codec installed.  

MP3 codec?  I didn't know that was required.  I just installed Winamp and off I go.  Maybe I just didn't know and Winamp installed the codec or something like that :D
My latest hobby: Down-voting QDB quotes from #geekissues.

snow veil

• Elite Modder
ECS motherboard help!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2002, 03:14:00 PM »

yeah they're usually installed pretty much right away...because mp3 has been around a while...but depending on what OS you've got installed and whether you chose not to install codecs or not....erm yeah.  Just install winamp or something like x24 over there and it will be there.  You CAN find just the codec somewhere I'm sure but winamp is just so nice...

theclone

• GT Fanatic
ECS motherboard help!
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2002, 06:17:00 PM »

ok i got it to play mp3z now but whenever i play music and move my mouse at the same time it makes a "static" sound. I believe its some type of interferance...what do u think?

snow veil

• Elite Modder
ECS motherboard help!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2002, 12:51:00 PM »

I get that problem too, the static.  You figure, for the price of the board, they didn't decide to put the best onboard sound in :)

if you want high quality sound I'd suggest a seperate sound card...but as for now the onboard sound works fine for my puny speakers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 34 queries.