GideonTech.com Forums

• October 25, 2020, 10:38:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speakers driving me insane!  (Read 660 times)

MajikMan

• Elite Modder
    • http://www.hatefulhelp.com
Speakers driving me insane!
« on: July 03, 2002, 01:11:00 PM »

Alright, so I hooked up my new Klipsch Promedia 4.1 speakers and went several days without any kind of a problem. A few days ago (well...maybe a week or more), I started getting this really annoying buzzing sound commout of the left front speaker whenever sound is comming out of it. I tried checking the connection, switching out the connection with the right front speaker, and changing the speaker itself with another of the speakers. Still get the buzzing at left front. The last thing I could think of, aside from a faulty sub would be monitor interference...I've got the speaker setting at least 2 feet from the monitor right now and it still buzzes. This is really driving me crazy - anyone have any ideas?

Ottoman

• Senior Modder
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 01:40:00 PM »

I had these speakers for over a year and I had some problems with them, similiar to what you are describing.  The first thing I would do would be to go to the Klipsch website and see if their forum has anything on this.  Klipsch (as you may already know) has excellent customer service and constantly check in on the forum to help people.

If it is only the front left channel buzzing, reguardless of distance from monitor or what speaker is connected, I'd say it's either an amplifier problem inside of the sub or a soundcard issue.  But most likely it's with the subwoofer.

But before you go and ask for a replacement from Klipsch, double check that all the wires are plugged in well to the sub and back of the soundcard.  You might also want to get updated soundcard driver, but again I highly double this is the problem.

I received one of the 4.1's from the first shipment Klipsh made, and I had to send them back for a new set in about a month.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my 5.1's and Klipsch is a fabulous company, but sometimes things are faulty and need a FREE replacement :)

viridius

• Elite Modder
  • You know what I mean.
    • http://www.getyourlanon.com
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 05:33:00 PM »

It's probably power interference.  If the speakers work well without any other devices on, buy a shielded cable.
"I'm totally going to send ninjas after you." - BalefireX

MajikMan

• Elite Modder
    • http://www.hatefulhelp.com
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2002, 09:24:00 PM »

Thanks for that tip Ottoman!  I checked out the klipsch forums and several other people were aparently having the same problem. I reset the amp (left everything unplugged while I was at work), and everything seems to be alright now.

Ottoman

• Senior Modder
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2002, 09:08:00 AM »

Good, glad to hear you got it working.  The Klipsch 4.1's have an amplifier problem where static builds up in the pre-amp.  It's also caused by dust getting into the knobs, but I believe they fixed the dust problem with the new pre-amp they are now selling w/ the speakers.  I totally forgot about unplugging the sub for a day or 2.  Darned static!  :)

It might help to get a good surge protector for your speakers (not one of the $20 ones) to prevent it from happening again.  I got a $50 Belkin and I have had no problems since.

You didn't have to return them!!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 34 queries.