GideonTech.com Forums

• May 23, 2017, 07:23:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Systeme Leicar  (Read 12732 times)

Blooz1

• Elite Modder
Systeme Leicar
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2003, 02:12:29 PM »

Irateshadow , thanks for the additional feedback! A heatgun, eh? Hmm, sounds like it's not too easy to work with, to put it mildly! The guy I had heard about it from was into R/C planes - I should have thought of looking at one of those places!

Ra , that's some plastic you used! You had said it was thick, but when I saw that pic I nearly fell out of the chair!  Great job on the star etch!

Geet Lord

• Senior Modder
Systeme Leicar
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2003, 02:26:04 PM »

very nice pics I didnt realize exactly how deep you etched it untill I saw the side pics of the etch. very nice job on that window :thumbsup: .  I really like the idea of having a small detail window on the other side like that ,far too often lazy people like me neglect to do anything to that side and it just tends to look plain

chase!

• Elite Modder
  • The Internet!
Systeme Leicar
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2003, 02:37:55 PM »

I love the little star. =) Great work on the whole project.

phU|CrUM

• Elite Modder
    • http://www.thepixelliberation.com
Systeme Leicar
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2003, 07:49:09 PM »

The whole thing looks great Ra.  When are you gunna start on your next project?  /me is dieing to know! :)

idiot

• Senior Modder
Systeme Leicar
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2003, 08:13:26 PM »

Quote from: RaDragon
I think "Chrome" paint in general won't really give you a mirror finish unless: 1. Your surface is really smooth (e.g., no ridges, bumps, micro-texture or anything); OR 2. Your texture is shiny to begin with (and you're just touching up). I never thought of using rubbing compound to make it shine, either, but from what you are saying, it's not working too well.

You can always go for other solutions like ChromeFX. You actually have to send them the work you want "chromed". Check out their "MirraChrome" product, too.

Quote from: Blooz1
Idiot, "chrome" paint in general is a PITA!

You can't buff it - you can't clearcoat it (turns dull grey) - and it's a miracle if it even dries without something getting stuck to it (takes over a day, in my experience!)

Hmm this disheartens me. Id already bought the chrome paint, too! *sigh* So now Im looking at some blue Dupli-Color Metalcast for the inside of my case and itll have to be reflective, too

Im not liking the adhesive sheets, since I would have to wrap it around the interior of the case. I can envision at least ten horrible ways that endeavor could end, one involving myself shrink-wrapped in painfully hot and sticky chrome paper. ;)

RaDragon

• Elite Modder
  • Tee hee hee.
    • RaDragon.com
Systeme Leicar
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2003, 01:06:55 AM »

Quote from: BuSkillS
wow, looks like a great mod, soo simple but soo clean, wow. :thumbsup:.  oo im just wondering, is that a hogwartz (spelling) mousepad???

Yes, it's a Hogwarts School mousepad...  :embr:

/me is a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I'm such a big fan, I'd name my first born Harry (or if it's a girl, Hermione) :P

Quote from: phU|CrUM
The whole thing looks great Ra.  When are you gunna start on your next project?  /phU|CrUM is dieing to know! :)

I would love to mod another machine (hehe, my sister's case) but unfortunately, she can't decide on a theme right now! I might make another mini-window etch (since my plexi on the mini-window is swap-able!) and prolly post some pictures (or a guide?!) who knows... :D

Quote from: idiot
Hmm this disheartens me. Id already bought the chrome paint, too! *sigh* So now Im looking at some blue Dupli-Color Metalcast for the inside of my case and itll have to be reflective, too

Im not liking the adhesive sheets, since I would have to wrap it around the interior of the case. I can envision at least ten horrible ways that endeavor could end, one involving myself shrink-wrapped in painfully hot and sticky chrome paper. ;)

Aw... I feel for you! I was sad, too when the chrome didn't turn out to be shiny in my case interior... If I find another work-around, I'll definitely let you know!

And if you decide to go with those adhesives, just remember, you're modding your machine... Not yourself! ;) ;)

It was a simple mod and I TY'all again for the replies. This definitely inspires me to do another mod (hopefully soon).  :D

DurocShark

• Senior Modder
    • http://www.donimages.com
Systeme Leicar
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2003, 08:49:38 AM »

Great work, and I love the mini window idea... :D

RaDragon

• Elite Modder
  • Tee hee hee.
    • RaDragon.com
Systeme Leicar
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2003, 12:41:03 PM »

Quote from: MaxamusCrasious
Real nice job Ra, I like the R window, and the star etch, oh and alot of you pictures are not working for me.
Oh... and i have not heard from Mr.Sparky in a while, i am getting worryed :lol:

Click on the picture links, it'll work :)

Mr. Sparky -- ah, he's doing well... ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.