GideonTech.com Forums

• April 25, 2017, 07:26:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaker for iPod Touch  (Read 2957 times)

BobtheGreek2

• Case Mod Weenie
Speaker for iPod Touch
« on: February 14, 2011, 08:41:12 AM »

Hello everyone,

I need some help. I am trying to figure out what specs I should be looking at to see how loud a speaker is. I have an iPod Touch that I will be hooking up to the speaker and I need it to be loud. But I need to understand what determines the loudness of the speaker. I read somewhere that the wattage is the determining factor of loudness.

Any help is welcome. I have been looking at online stores and most of them don't show the watt power of the speakers so I don't know if they are loud or not.

Thanks.

BobtheGreek2

• Case Mod Weenie
Re: Speaker for iPod Touch
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 07:40:14 AM »

I didn't think it would be tough to get an answer or at least some type of guidance on my question. If there is something that is unclear about my question let me know and I can explain further.

MaxamusCrasious

• Elite Modder
    • The Site Of Doom
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:16:57 AM »

Yes, wattage is a factor in determining how "loud" a speaker is, but there are also other factors to take into account. A small 15w speaker will sound really loud in a bathroom, but you would have a hard time hearing that in a warehouse.

The size and wattage of speaker you need is going to be determined by the of areas you plan on using your iPod, as well as your willingness to haul around speaker(s) and an amplifier.

YucA

• Elite Modder
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 02:59:55 PM »

More info is needed.  What kind of speaker system are you hooking the ipod up to?  Is the speaker powered?  Are you using anything between the speaker and ipod to amplify the signal? Is this for personal listening indoors, outdoors....?...

Let us know what you want to accomplish specifically, and then someone will be able to really help.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.