Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: HTPC  (Read 8751 times)

Melancholinpolly

• Elite Modder
Re: HTPC
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 08:20:21 PM »

my major annoyance right now is that my revo uses a wireless USB adapter so getting that online would be a pain in the ass and the 2nd problem is that i also use my revo to watch netflix (although i could just as easily use my xbox.). I just want one solution that lets me do netflix and watch stuff i've downloaded. I might have to give linux xbmc a go...PITA

YucA

• Elite Modder
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 08:08:25 AM »

Any reason you are using xbmc and not Boxee??  I have found Boxee to be much friendlier, easier to configure and it populates your movies much more efficiently.

I just read a bit about this on the boxee forums.  Most people are happy running ubuntu on their single core Revo, but that doesnt support netflix.  Next would be a Netbook rev. of Win7.

But most people say if you want the small footprint of a Revo, spend the money on the Dual core.  Seems people have no issues with that.  But then you get into the price range of a mobo/proper cpu combo.  All depends what you're looking for in the end.

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 07:56:13 PM »

Any reason you are using xbmc and not Boxee??  I have found Boxee to be much friendlier, easier to configure and it populates your movies much more efficiently.

Personally I really don't like the UI of Boxee, I don't want the social features, and there is nothing I have seen that Boxee can do better except the social features.

(Plus I don't ever let anything populate any file on my computer automatically. I am a micromanaging stickler)

Melancholinpolly

• Elite Modder
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 09:51:21 PM »

boxee keeps losing access to the media files on my main computer/server. And for some reason boxee looks like ass on my 720p tv. i dunno why but it's not really displaying at a high enough resolution. the text is very jaggy and whatnot.

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 09:33:30 AM »

What kind of ass do you have?  My ass is certainly not jaggy.
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 19 queries.