Back with some more updatesUpdate 3
Since we got the main outline done it was time to see where are system was going to fit being onlye a 233mhz cyrix it was'nt crucial really how it went in but we needed to know for when we upgrade
after moving everything back and forth we finally came to the conclusion nothing fit :scratch_one-s_head: well it kinda did but the power supply was just to big in an ideal world i would be using a microatx psu but since this is a ghetto project we had to improvise since i suck with electronics it was time for my dad to step in being an electrician and all after tussling with the powersupply we finally came to the conclusion the only way we could do this and carry on with the project was removing it from its case
[color="#FF0000"]DISCLAIMER: Removing your power supply from its case is NOT a good idea i did not do this by myself my dad is a trained electrician and even he said this really was'nt a clever thing to do so if you try redo any of this project get a microatx psu!
just needed to put that in there :i_am_so_happy:
anywho so on to the psu mods
first was removing from the case
Now it is very important to ground the powersupply this particular one (not so sure about others) was grounded to the case then it went from the case to the outlet
since the case was a very tight squeeze we needed somewhere to mount it that would'nt be in contact with any vital components because of the small space of the bottom of the case we figured it was best mounting the powersupply upside down and having the sticker mean't we could drill and bolt through hiding it when reapplying the original sticker
here it is mounted on bolts and using nuts as standoffs to position it just right
sorry for my poor pictures
while he finished of and made sure this thing would'nt blow us sky high i began prepping for the install first port of call was the clean down this case was rather dirty and even though it added to the look it was hardly practical look what i walked out to!
but did that stop me from modding? Hell no i just grabbed on my coat and started scrubbing
damn this thing turned out to be more dirty than i expected you can see the murky water in the nooks and crannys on the case ignore the white thats just the flash reflecting of the water on the surface
i was sitting on a soaking wet step
i decided it was time to call it a day i was'nt happy with the amount of cleaning but i could'nt feel my hands by then end of it i will have to do some more when it stops =[ so i left it to dry out and went back inhttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8075/18400493.jpg
i was pondering over the idea of putting some sort of design in the square of the case so i made a post luckily Dragon Gamer and Photoshop wizard came to the rescue and knocked up some designs for me that where just what i was looking for! i decided to go with Photoshop Wizards but will still be using Dragon Gamers later on in the project
here it is since i had no access to any kind of sticker machine i had to go makeshift i needed something good quality waterproof and solid so i decided to print it on photo glossy paper laminate it but im still finding some sort of sticky backed adhesive to stick it down semi permanent so i gave it a god at printing i needed it 10.5x10.5 to fit the square with a little gap around the edge annoyingly my wireless printer started acting up and i could'nt control it by my pc :scratch_one-s_head:
Trying to make do i used a sd card and put it on there then printed using the photo option annoyingly i could'nt get it to come out the right size and everytime it wanted to cut a piece of the design off..
i gave up any of you guys now how i could print the design the right size without cutting stuff off??
after i gave up for the time being i noticed the rain stopped and went back to cleaning after it was time to put the pc on the bench and test if it was working we kinda expected it to fail because of all are moving around of the components but it worked fine :i_am_so_happy:
for some reason the network card was having trouble under windows 98 (yeh i said windows 98) so we gave installing 2000 a go and worked fine obviously this is a temporary machine the whole project only costing £10.50 it was only designed to be a little project that could potentially evolve into something usable and powerful :biggrin_mini:
one day im hoping to get a phenom 2 machine in here that will be the "Lanning Edition"
Not very inttresting but i'll leave you at that for now guys