GideonTech.com Forums

• March 28, 2017, 06:27:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NeXT Cube anyone?  (Read 10765 times)

Grump

• GT Fanatic
    • www.GrumpsPlace.com
NeXT Cube anyone?
« on: January 23, 2010, 01:28:52 AM »

I haven't been on GideonTech for quite a while. I had a heart attack in May 2006 and discovered I had lung disease. It's terminal, but I still have some time left. I can't mod anymore because of the problems sanding, painting and just plain exertion cause me. I started a mod with a NeXT Cube a number of years ago and never got to finish it. I have 5 cases and some miscellaneous parts I'd like to sell.

If you aren't familiar with the NeXT Cube, please do some research. I'm not sure if the value of these cases is what it was back then, but they are still a very rare item. Some cubes went for as much as $500.00 on **** in 2003 and 2004. I didn't pay that much for mine and I may not even get what I did pay for mine.

So, if there's any interest, please let me know. I'm ready to part with them. I can sell you just one or all of them, whichever will get me the best deal. Here's a couple pictures. I have a few more and I can take some pictures for you so you can get a better idea of the condition, etc. Just let me know.

R'gards,

Grump, aka Jim McClain
(530) 283-5467 - I monitor calls, so speak to the machine and I'll pick up if it's about the cubes. Or you can contact me through PM or email. For email, you'll have to visit my site to use the contact form. See my profile for the site link.
R'gards, Grump
WebMaster @ The Floor Pro Community
My latest non-mod related project.

merlinicorpus

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • One with the corn.
    • merliniworks
Re: NeXT Cube anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 02:30:50 AM »

Wow, sorry to hear that, man.  Good luck on the sale.

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 08:09:09 PM »

I'm really sorry to hear this Jim. Wish you all the best, good luck with the sale.

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42

Grump

• GT Fanatic
    • www.GrumpsPlace.com
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 09:17:09 PM »

Thanks, guys. I'm getting used to it now. I was diagnosed about 4 years ago. I pouted for 3 and now I'm just trying to make the best of it. I do miss modding though. I spent the last 8 months remodeling my apartment (it was only a 2 week project ;)) to substitute. A couple of those processes reminded me why I can't mod anymore, but I got through it.

Now that I don't have my flooring business, I have to try to supplement my disability allowance. So, it's time to get rid of the cube cases. I hope one or more of your members will be interested in these magnesium marvels. Each cube is in 3 modular sections and you can easily add some from more than one cube to make a nice case.

Click images for full-size.

Go ahead, make me and Steven Jobs proud.  :thumbsup:
R'gards, Grump

chase!

• Elite Modder
  • The Internet!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 12:49:45 AM »

Oh god this is so tempting. It's too bad they don't have the internals anymore.

Grump

• GT Fanatic
    • www.GrumpsPlace.com
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 03:11:17 AM »

Well, these aren't for the collector, of course, but you can make a computer that looks like the original and has all the latest internals. In my original plan, I was going to use some red plexi inside the fin area and the front was going to be some beautiful Walnut or Cherrywood. Although an old friend took the time to polish his cube to a high gloss finish, I was going to have mine chromed so I wouldn't have to keep polishing it. I was looking for something easy to maintain and very sophisticated - it's original name was Elegance3 (as in Elegance cubed).

Grump
R'gards, Grump

MacIdol

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 12:35:04 AM »

Hey Man,

How much would you like to get for the cCube items?

Tim

Grump

• GT Fanatic
    • www.GrumpsPlace.com
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 02:37:24 AM »

Hi Tim,

Thanks for asking. I sold 2 of the cases a while back and haven't bothered with the rest. I have the makings of 2 complete and 1 modified case. I also have some other miscellaneous NeXT parts. I'll be looking to get $200.00 for everything, plus you pay shipping (around 30 - 40 bucks, I'm guessing). If you are interested, I will post pictures of everything in the next day or so (everything is in storage and I have health issues that make it difficult to get around easily, so you have to be patient). Reply to this, or you can find my contact info here: http://www.grumpsplace.com/contact/

R'gards,

Jim
R'gards, Grump
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.