Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Which would you buy today?

PS 3
- 4 (40%)
- 6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X box 360 or PS 3???  (Read 7802 times)

wonko

• Elite Modder
  • April 4, 2009
X box 360 or PS 3???
« on: November 16, 2009, 02:06:50 PM »

Ok, so I'm finally breaking down and purchasing a new gaming system.  I've had a Wii for a while, and although it's fun and all, I miss serious hardcore gaming.  I have an original X box, and love it, but the new commercials for the PS 3 are making my decision more difficult.  So, if you own either, or if you have any opinions, please help me decide.  Anyone get one or the other and have regrets later?  Last time I touched any system from Sony it was the original Play Station, so I can't really compare anything.  Thanks!
     Brian
Today, the choice is mine.

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
Re: X box 360 or PS 3???
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 02:35:16 PM »

everyone i know has a 360 and nobody i know has a ps3. the point of a console FOR ME is online/social play, otherwise i would just use my computer for gaming. because of this, if i didn't already own a 360, that would be the console i would buy.

that having been said, there are a few ps3 exclusive titles i want to play but cant (uncharted, killzone, wipeout, final fantasy, god of war).

OTOH, those games + bluray still isn't enough to get me to buy a ps3. if i had money to burn, then no doubt i would have both.

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 03:28:52 PM »

I have a PS3.  I got it mostly since most of the games I like comes out on Playstation.  I don't usually play online but I do occasionally.  I don't play FPS games that much and I only know a couple of people who are willing to play fighting games online with me so the social thing doesn't matter to me.  Although there are a lot of games available on the 360, but most that I like eventually comes out on the PS3 as DLC anyway or have a PC version available.  I also like the fact that I don't have to buy a bluray player and media streamer.

In case you get a PS3, add me!
My latest hobby: Down-voting QDB quotes from #geekissues.

Peppe316

• Senior Modder
    • http://www.CodeHeadz.net
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 03:49:04 PM »

I have both and I'm actually considering selling my xbox because I don't really play it anymore. The only games I really played were Forza and COD:Modern Warfare. The PS3 has more appealing games and you don't have to pay (technically) to play online. Plus BR if you actually use it... to me I'd go PS3 over a Xbox anyday.
I kill threads

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 04:58:00 PM »

I have all 3 systems (Xbox/PS3/Wii). The Wii is the only system not hooked up. Xbox has more games in this household so it technically has been played the most.

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42

chase!

• Elite Modder
  • The Internet!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 07:40:24 PM »

I play my PS3 much more than my Xbox. Exclusives barely exist these days and the only one worth mentioning is Uncharted 2. Latest exclusives on the PS3 are graphical powerhouses because they actually start to use the architecture a lot more efficiently.

I usually buy non-exclusives on PS3 because my PS3 isn't as loud as a 747 and I like the interface much more. I bought Modern Warfare 2 for the 360 because so many of my friends play it on that platform, but I'm having a real hard time committing to a Live payment.

The argument for dollar for dollar, the PS3 wins these days. One of the last things the 360 had over the PS3 was Netflix, and PS3 has that now and apparently it streams better but requires a disc till late next year (when Microsoft's contract ends).

And of course Blu-ray if you have a HDTV.

But really you can't go wrong either way.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 07:41:57 PM by chase! »

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 08:41:28 AM »

I've actually unboxed any of the current generation of consoles in my house (though I have owned 2 XBoxes, 1 PS3, and 2 Wiis).  If I had time to play one I think I would probably go with the PS3.  It's mainly because of the user-replaceable hard drive, the Bluray playback, and the free online play.  The XBox is a very close second choice for me.  The Wii?  Well that didn't ever make my list.
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al

RaDragon

• Elite Modder
  • Tee hee hee.
    • RaDragon.com
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »

My family finally joined the PS3 revolution. Right now, we have MW2 and FIFA10. If you play these games, find me on PSN: RaDragon888 ^_^
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.