GideonTech.com Forums

• August 19, 2017, 06:09:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need pricing help  (Read 5009 times)

bliq

• Elite Modder
Need pricing help
« on: September 16, 2009, 01:52:14 PM »

I'm getting ready for a new build but I'd like some input on how much to ask for my old system.  let me know what you think a fair price would be...

Core 2 Duo E6850
4GB OCZ DDR2 800
2 x 320GB SATA
HD2600XT
Antec Super Lanboy (I think that's what it is)
DVD-RW & DVD-ROM
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R
500W thermalTake Pure Power PSU

Is $450 a fair price?  or too low or high?  Anyone here looking for a box?

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
Re: Need pricing help
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 03:42:20 PM »

I would start by selling at the price you want and if nobody buys then going lower. I think $450 is a fair starting point. Most people who would be in the market are paying for your time to put it together and make it work, since they don't know anything about computers.

(BTW I had an Antec Super Lanboy for years, I loved that case. Its a great case for airflow, but I replaced it because (ironically) it wasn't strong enough for me to be taking it to LANs, where it would get easily dented and scratched)

bliq

• Elite Modder
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 09:49:48 PM »

I guess $450 is too high.  Anyone need a fairly fast machine for $250+shipping (unless you're in the SF Bay Area)?  Otherwise I may just sell it off piecemeal on craigslist or something.

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 07:26:26 PM »

Did you end up selling this rig?

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42

bliq

• Elite Modder
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 02:27:29 AM »

It did eventually sell for $270.  and it took a long time to sell.  the market is absolutely flooded with cheap machines right now and lowballers are just making life kinda sucky.  I can't tell you how many people were only willing to offer like $120 for that rig.  And what I sold had even higher configuration that what I originally posted, like a Geforce 8800GTS 320 for the video card.  The days of selling your old rig and using the proceeds to fund your  next one is pretty close to over I think.  You basically have to price your stuff below what a new machine costs, even if you've got crazy good stuff from even just a few years ago.  People who don't know how to build see that they can buy new for $399 and the ones that know how to build, i.e. the ones who can appreciate all the nice components can throw something competitive together for $399.  So you need to look for the guys who know they want something good, have the option to build, can appreciate the nice components, but need to operate in the price range under what it would take to build a decent machine which at this time is about $350-400.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.