GideonTech.com Forums

• March 28, 2017, 06:31:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing soldered speakers with a headphone jack on bluetooth headphones  (Read 12167 times)

snow veil

• Elite Modder

I've got a pair of Logitech Music Anywhere headphones that are not only uncomfortable to wear, but also are breaking on the headband (which is a common problem).  What I'd like to do is replace the attatched speakers with a headphone jack and just connect a set of earbuds to it instead of using the headphone speakers themselves.

There's nothing exciting or unexpected to the insides of these.  On the right you've got the circuit board with the audio and bluetooth controllers with the buttons to control volume and track movement on the opposite side.  There are 6 connecting wires to the board:
  • Left (+) speaker
  • Left (-) speaker
  • Right (+) speaker
  • Right (-) speaker
  • Vbatt (+)
  • Vbatt (-)

On the left you've got the Li-ion battery and of course the other speaker.  The only cables to run through the headband are of course the speaker audio pair and the +/- for the battery.

Basically I'd like to do away with the headband all together, shorten the battery cable and sandwich the two earpieces together (sans speakers...think oreo cookie), and put a 1/8" stereo headphone jack on it to allow me to plug other, more comfortable headphones in.

Will there be an issue replacing the existing speakers with headphones, or shouldn't I worry?

Skylined

• Elite Modder
    • mtb.com.uy : Mountain Bike Uruguay

That's fine.

JoeJoe

• Senior Modder

That sounds like a pretty cool project actually.

YucA

• Elite Modder

Actually a cool little project.  I dont see any reason to worry too much.  Do you have any plans or ideas for a new enclosure for everything??

It would be totally badass if you can gut an old cassette and squeeze it all in there!

Let us know how it turns out!!

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24

make it look like side burns!  BTSB FTW!
My latest hobby: Down-voting QDB quotes from #geekissues.

snow veil

• Elite Modder

Welp, I got them working :)

It was actually a really simple job.  Getting them to fit into the case that I originally designed, however, will be a bit more difficult.  I'd like to keep the disc-like shape going, but I'll need to find a way to widen it up a bit.  I was reading about some moldable plastic called "shapelock" that sounds pretty promising for making a small, custom-sized piece, but I'll have to decide whether or not I'd like to order some up :)

That sounds like a pretty neat idea Yuca...if I can find an old cassette lying around I'll consider it :)

Here's a few pics of the process for those interested:

For temporary functionality I just electrical-taped it together :-/

BalefireX

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • http://pics.aran.ws
    • pics.aran.ws

This thread is total twilight zone...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 19 queries.