Just wondering if anybody has a 360 with any cooling mods done to it. I'm looking to mod mine because after about an hour it really .... hmmm hmmm toasty lol. So I need to help the cooling, now since I'm gonna go ahead and open it to void my warranty I might as well do every concievable cooling mod I can right?
1. I plan to install an intake fan to the side either a 70mm or 80mm the biggest I can possibly fit internally ( I hate those "fan screwed to the side of the console" mods)
2. I plan to cut the metal mesh (not the plastic case) at the back of the unit where the exhaust fans are to give better airflow.
3. Talismoon Whisper Fan installation
4. BGA ramsinks on the ram chips
5. Clean off the 5cent thermal paste under the gpu/cpu and put some AS5
6. Get rid of the Xclips on the back of the board
7. Fan shroud electrical tape mod
I really want to change the gpu heatsink... Looking for a suitable copper replacement but I can't find any
sigh. Has anyone seen one? or maybe a 1U heatsink that could possibly work?
Also any cooling ideas/tips will be welcomed