• August 16, 2022, 11:31:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graphics card RAM cooling  (Read 7205 times)


  • GT Fanatic
  • **
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 103
Graphics card RAM cooling
« on: July 12, 2009, 11:13:13 AM »

Hi everyone, it's been ages since I was last sought your help and I have a question that the internet fails to answer. I'm in the process of upgrading my watercooled rig with some shiney new hardware and have hit a problem.

The stock cooling on some HD3870 cards has the RAMsink plate attached to the heatspreader for the whole card (such as the sapphire card I have) where as others (HIS for example) have them mounted on the RAM. It is a bit like the replacement mosfet heatsinks you can get for some boards.

I'm using a generic waterblock which only covers the GPU. I would rather not have to stick heatsinks on ever chip, so is it possible to buy those RAMsink plates that seem to come with some cards and not others? Every search I do either turns up heatspreaders for system RAM or the little stick-on RAMsinks. What on earth is what I'm after called?

Thanks guys
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.29 seconds with 33 queries.