GideonTech.com Forums

• December 13, 2017, 11:16:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Project: Need more storage!  (Read 12710 times)

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
Re: Project: Need more storage!
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 11:59:23 AM »

Hey btw you're sure that thing is secure? Hate to see it come crashing down during the night and kill the cat!! :(

Actually no, I am going to add another brace up top.  2 is greater than 1.  :)
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
Re: Project: Need more storage!
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 09:04:39 AM »

Just a little update since I've had various issues:

I am now sticking with 2GB of RAM, I bought a separate 2x 1GB set for $20 and thus far it is very reliable and has passed a full thorough test using MemTest.

I replaced the power supply in order to reduce power consumption.  The one I wanted to use was the Antec Earthwatts 500W model, I am that no one pointed out that it's not supposed to be black.   :P  I am now using a Corsair 620HX and it kicks ass.  It's whisper quiet, modular, efficient, and was on sale for $80.

My bedroom sits in the low to mid 80s in the summer and now when I'm in my closet getting cloths it is not noticeably hotter at all.  I'm sure my electricity bill appreciates this. 

I addd the final fan to the hard drives: the OS hard drive now idles at 32C instead of 41C, the chipset is still a consistent 28/29C, and the CPU has actually dropped from 55C to 51C at idle.  I think that the CPU temp drop is in part do to air flow from the last hard drive fan, but I still wasn't worried regardless.
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.