GideonTech.com Forums

• December 13, 2017, 11:17:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joe's Computer Case Build <WIP>  (Read 8396 times)

apollos84

• Case Mod Weenie
Joe's Computer Case Build <WIP>
« on: February 22, 2009, 05:32:31 PM »

Hello fellow Gideontecher's

I have decided to spend some time on creating a work-log for others who have been bit by the mod bug.

Back in 2002 I was introduced to Computer Case Modification. Some time passed and I lost interest in

Case Modding. Then about a month ago I was bit by the bug again. I was inspired by others recent work

which has led me to start up again.

I will post some pictures of my current case I am working with.

apollos84

• Case Mod Weenie
Re: Joe's Computer Case Build <WIP>
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 08:10:03 PM »

This is what I currently have. I have been modding on this case for about a month and I decided to make a log of it.

This is my power supply I have been trying to find a grill for it. No place in my area has them. :(

I might drill out the small holes in this picture and put an led behind to shine through the holes.

I painted the inside all black gloss. I drilled the rivets all out and painted each piece individually. There are still two pieces left that need to be painted and put back in.

Front Ventilator Holes for two of my fans.

These are my plastic blue anodized fans I purchased at a local CompUSA store. They will be used for the front ventilation.

I sanded down the top of my case to the aluminum and have been trying to polish it to a mirror finish. I am probably going to do this to the side panels as well.

Polished Knobs from RadioShack and a Potentiometer laying around which will be used for controlling fan speed.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 08:18:59 PM by apollos84 »

apollos84

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 08:22:10 PM »

I will post more pictures in the future as I make more progress.
Some of the pictures will be for the wiring and L.E.D. modifications on the case. I am still working it out in my head.
Enjoy. 8)

The tubing for the power supply is black water tubing I purchased at Lowe's for .08 cents a foot. The wire wrap around the tubing is Cat Network wire.
The tubing around the front ventilation holes is the same tubing used for the power supply but I ran a pair of scissors down the tubing o open it up.t
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 08:27:36 PM by apollos84 »

apollos84

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 08:52:30 PM »

My old computer finally went. :o I recently upgraded to a Dual Core AMD. These Multi-Core chips are amazing! I really enjoy their use for Video Encoding.
I will post some pictures up soon. I am still using the same case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.