GideonTech.com Forums

• August 19, 2017, 06:21:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 30% Live cashback from MS + E-bay  (Read 4720 times)

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com
30% Live cashback from MS + E-bay
« on: October 03, 2008, 11:05:46 AM »

Taken from here:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/838081/?start=0

Essentially Microsoft (through Live.com) is giving cashback on E-bay Buy it Now (BIN) purchases. At this moment, it is 30%. There is a maximum of $200 cashback I believe, with a total of 6 lifetime purchases on your E-bay account. Your money will be available to redeem by Paypal or check in 60 days.

Here's what I've used it on so far:

- 100 Forever stamps : $40 BIN - 30% cashback = $28 (or 28c each)

I use a lot of stamps, so this is an AWESOME deal. When was the last time you paid 28c for a stamp? ;)

- Dell Inspiron 700m : $399 BIN - 30% cashback = $286

I was in the market for a small thin and light notebook. The Asus/Acer/Lenovo/MSI netbooks are lacking performance and usability (cheap CPU, small/slow HD, no optical, etc.). This 700m is 12.1" and has an optical drive and enough ram and HD to do everything compared to the weak netbooks. At $286, it's quite a deal for a borderline ultraportable.

Anyhow, go to this link:

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE

Click on the first Sponsored link that says Nintendo Wii. It should say 30% and it'll direct you to E-bay. This is a valid link for about an hour or two. So what I would do is find what you need first and put it in your watch list. Then click the link and proceed to checkout. You will see a 30% off banner throughout telling you how much you are getting back. Do NOT BIN if you do not see this!

Feel free to post your goods :)

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
Re: 30% Live cashback from MS + E-bay
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 11:37:50 AM »

i read about that a while back and never tried it out. i probably should since its a lot of money.

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 02:03:19 PM »

I spotted the 30% deal yesterday and I'm still considering a purchase.  I have a big vacation coming up and I don't know if I want to spend $700 on a HT receiver now just to get $200 back in 60 days or wait to find another deal.  I'll probably pull the trigger tonight, but who knows.

BTW, I will confirm that the limit on money back is $200.
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 09:43:20 AM »

Well I bought the receiver.  For those concerned here are the rules that you should concern yourself with:

- Buy the item within 1 hour of clicking the sponsored link
- One item per one hour session
- Must use Buy it Now
- Must pay with Paypal.

And I bet after you bought an item you'll be all like "Holy crap, I don't see my money right away in my Windows Live account!".  The answer to that is a little patience.  I ordered my item around 9PM last night and when I woke up today the money appeared in my Live account.
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 19 queries.