GideonTech.com Forums

• December 13, 2017, 01:57:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this circuit wrong or did I mess up?  (Read 5613 times)

FormatC

• GT Fanatic
    • Peter's Wacky World
Is this circuit wrong or did I mess up?
« on: October 01, 2008, 05:30:17 AM »

I have a HTPC case that uses 80MM fans and I bought some fans from SVC on clearance not knowing how loud 52DBA was (My computer sounds like a hoover vacuum cleaner with all six of them on)  so any way when cliffs fanbus site was still up I saved this image of a 7/12 Volt with a dual color LED I have all of the parts except the led which I will pick up tomorrow
I have the DPDT switch and all of the wiring that I stole from dead fans or Molex splitters/adapters

I follow the diagram exactly and my computer will not turn on all that happens is the fans twitch which means it wired into a short as soon as unplug it the computer will turn on again

Thanks
Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open up windows.

Computer Screwed up? Hate M$ Windows Then Why not
Format C: The answer to all of your Computer problems.

Here is a test to find out whether your mission
on earth

linear

• Senior Modder
  • cruel, inhumane or degrading
    • linear1 case mods
Re: Is this circuit wrong or did I mess up?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 01:23:29 PM »

There are a couple different types of 3-legged LED. One is common cathode, one is common anode. The diagram doesn't specify, but shows a common cathode type of connection. I think the diagram's okay as drawn.

If you undo the LED connections does it work?

FormatC

• GT Fanatic
    • Peter's Wacky World
Re: Is this circuit wrong or did I mess up?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 07:17:47 PM »

My Antec True Power II 430 Does not like the 7 Volt trick that's why it was doing that's (It works fine with lower powered fans but I tried to connect 3 AMPS worth of fans using the 7volt trick so that's why It did not work) Each fan draws 0.5A  and I have 6 of them
So any way I went with this circuit instead as the fans still move a great deal of air at 5Volts and are plenty quiet

Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open up windows.

Computer Screwed up? Hate M$ Windows Then Why not
Format C: The answer to all of your Computer problems.

Here is a test to find out whether your mission
on earth
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 19 queries.