GideonTech.com Forums

July 23, 2014, 06:53:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum members, click here to add yourself to the Gideontech Map!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caligari TruSpace (3D tool) v7.6 w/manual+tutorials - free  (Read 5192 times)
linear
Senior Modder

cruel, inhumane or degrading

« on: July 25, 2008, 09:46:57 AM »

From another forum I hang out on:

Hi, I just got an email from Caligari regarding TruSpace 7.6 absolutely free - comes with manuals and tutorial videos. For those that don't know TruSpace is a 3D application (one of the first from the old days and has been still supported over the years). I think the reason they are releasing this freely is because they are trying to get more people actively using it.

Still, it seems quite comprehensive and may help the budding UI developers here do some magic. I've downloaded it myself and am planning to give the program a chance since it's free and I'm a total noob when it comes to 3D. I've tried Blender and Wings3D which I can handle to a certain extent but TruSpace package seems to have more friendly approach and explains everything.

Anyway here is the link from email:
http://cart1.caligari.com/web/Truespacemainreg.aspx

I can verify that the files are virus free and not a scam or anything. I've just installed it with the manuals and PDFs and videos. Total size is around 321 MB compressed.

Posting this on the forums to spread the word.

I grabbed it, registration is required, but it seems to be pretty relaxed about what you type in the required fields. It emails you a reg key, so don't provide a bogus email address, but otherwise you can register as your goldfish or whatever.

urgannagru
Elite Modder

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 10:46:48 AM »

Interesting. I've never heard of it, but I'll have to give it a try. Most likely I will stick with my current software cause I have no complaints, but you never know.
MaxamusCrasious
Elite Modder

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 10:59:25 AM »

Haven't heard that name thrown around in a long time LOL I started with Poser 2 and Bryce 2 on a old Power Mac though.

Going to give it a download, hopefully Windows XP x64 likes it...

urgannagru
Elite Modder

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 11:00:09 AM »

well that was pointless. i went to the site, filled out the form, and no matter what nickname i filled in, it was taken. odd. couldn't download it.

edit: got it to work finally, don't know what was wrong. i tried Opera instead of FF3.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 12:21:51 PM by urgannagru » Logged
MaxamusCrasious
Elite Modder

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 11:03:57 AM »

Worked fine for me

linear
Senior Modder

cruel, inhumane or degrading

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 11:10:57 AM »

Worked for me--I checked it out before posting it it for all y'all.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: