GideonTech.com Forums

• August 19, 2017, 06:25:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm Sure You Get Asked This All The Time But...  (Read 6470 times)

gooogle

• Case Mod Weenie
I'm Sure You Get Asked This All The Time But...
« on: April 20, 2008, 07:30:31 PM »

Hello

Am new to this overclocking malarkey and have bought a gaming pc, but the guy i bought it from has proved to be somewhat troublesome, he reckons i have an overclock profile stored in the bios settings but it is simply not there.

What i would like from yourselves is the settings in laymans terms please for a Quad core 6600 GO and ASUS Striker II Formula Mobo. with 4gig of OCZ reaper ram (DDR2, PC2-6400 (400 MHz), 2048 MBytesOCZ) I have the Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro cooler on the processor and an antec p182 case with 2 ASUS 8800gt 512mb cards in sli

I would be very grateful for any help, i want to bring the speed up a lot so i can play games quicker and generally have a faster pc, i did buy this pc for that reason but like i said the guy i bought it from has been a pain.

Many thanks
TestFreaks - best peripherals reviews there
Webcameras reviews
Mices reviews
Keyboards reviews

Melancholinpolly

• Elite Modder
Re: I'm Sure You Get Asked This All The Time But...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 08:32:58 PM »

it's a quad core pentium with two 8800 GT's in SLI. and you want it faster? I think the more prudent question should be...

Is your brain on fire?

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 09:30:25 PM »

it doesnt get much faster than that?

what os are you running? are your drivers up to date?
i can't see any reason that system should be slow...
what games are you trying to play?
are you running other stuff at the same time?
what kind of hard drive(s) is it running on?

damaged

• Elite Modder
  • Keep your drinks, just give me the money...
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 05:17:03 AM »

Please, we all know you screwballs used to OC just for the sake of it.

Most motherboards make it too simple to OC now. Try looking in your bios. There should still be some basic OCing tutorials around here, you'll want to check them out just to learn about the FSB and multipliers on CPUs. Your bios will also have settings for the ram, and voltages. We can't exactly walk you through the process, because we don't have teh same setup, and everyone gets different results. Basically not all hardware is created equal, thats why people try to get certain versions of the same CPU, like which lab it was made at. Same goes for ram and video cards. The video card will have something in the advanced driver setup for OCing it... I'm not sure how OCing works with SLI on.

If you fry your sh*t, blame spexor.
"It puts the lotion on the Chen, or it gets the hose again." - Schezuan Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.