GideonTech.com Forums

• November 18, 2018, 01:19:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meet My EEE PC  (Read 40303 times)

Melancholinpolly

• Elite Modder
Re: Meet My EEE PC
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2008, 04:09:24 AM »

i actually work for a company that buys all the acer, gateway and emachine RMA's and refurbs them so i've had a lot of hands on with the little aspire ones and i can tell you that they are a very nice little laptop. There are two kinds the ones with linpus (acers slimmed down linux) and ones with XP. the main diff is that the linux ones come with an 8gig ssd drive while the winxp ones come with a 130 gig laptop hdd. BUT they both have two sdhc card slots, one to expand the hdd and one for media cards and whatnot. I am porbably going the linux route and throwing in a large sdhc card. they are very light. i can't believe that they are 7 pounds. also, they both have a built in 512 of memory and a slot for extra. so you could just get the linux one and throw in more memory for less money....

Apraxhren

• Senior Modder
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2008, 11:55:57 AM »

Okie, I thought I narrowed down my search when I came across the weights... Obviously, the larger the HDD and battery, the heavier the netbook But then again, are these like, the packaging weight? Pah... Amazon isn't accurate sometimes. >_<

Those are definitely not accurate, amazon says mine is 7lbs but the shipping weight says 5lbs. When I weighed it however I got 2lbs 7oz by itself and 2lbs 15oz with the ac adapter. Neweggs weights are dead on; it listed mine as 2.43lbs, the 900ha as 2.49lbs, the 904ha at 3.09lbs, and the acer at 2.3lbs.

bliq

• Elite Modder
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2008, 04:13:44 PM »

shipping weights include the box and packing materials.  That could easily reach 3-4 lbs of stuff.

RaDragon

• Elite Modder
  • Tee hee hee.
    • RaDragon.com
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2008, 12:09:44 PM »

Thanks again truly for your input (and clarification)... I've made my decision and will be posting the photo of my new netbook when it arrives..  :D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.