GideonTech.com Forums

• November 18, 2018, 01:24:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Meet My EEE PC  (Read 40304 times)

YucA

• Elite Modder
Re: Meet My EEE PC
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 12:14:40 PM »

im going to be keeping an eye in here too.  I dig these things.  I'm tempted to jump on one aswell to mess around with.  It's like a libretto, but useful! lol

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 10:23:57 PM »

I'm about to make an impulse buy. I'll check back tomorrow  :)

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 11:01:43 PM »

I'm about to make an impulse buy. I'll check back tomorrow  :)
most, if not all, of my buys are that kind  :P i should never be allowed access to shopping online, it only makes that worse ;)
nonetheless, the eee has been on my want list for a while now, im glad i finally got a chance to buy one.

RaDragon

• Elite Modder
  • Tee hee hee.
    • RaDragon.com
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 12:52:39 AM »

most, if not all, of my buys are that kind  :P i should never be allowed access to shopping online, it only makes that worse ;)
nonetheless, the eee has been on my want list for a while now, im glad i finally got a chance to buy one.

I sux with online impulse buys, too. More often than not, I leave my wallet away from arm's reach... My plan fails, however, when I shop on Amazon.com >_<

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 01:44:36 AM »

I sux with online impulse buys, too. More often than not, I leave my wallet away from arm's reach...

heh, that would do me no good, since i memorized the CC numbers and they're stored online at most shops anyways :(

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 09:18:20 AM »

heh, that would do me no good, since i memorized the CC numbers and they're stored online at most shops anyways :(

That's just dangerous.

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 09:28:50 AM »

That's just dangerous.

Storing the CC numbers or memorizing them?  :)

I kid, I kid.
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 11:54:25 AM »

well, when i say most shops, i really mean amazon and newegg only, as those are pretty much the only places i shop. i feel secure enough to trust them ;)

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 05:34:09 PM »

The eee arrived. Pictures will be posted later. So far I'm impressed with the hardware (build quality, thoroughness of packaging, size, weight).

The main problem I have is that the mouse sucks. That is letting it off easy. It's a 2 button mouse with only 1 button (depending on which side you press it will right or left click). The thing is hard to click, and I'm a buff male who frequently games and uses an old, hard to press IBM springloaded keyboard. I should have no problems clicking a mouse, but this one I do.

When it comes to software, I can't say I'm happy. I can't get the wireless card to connect to my freaking router, no matter what I try, and their Linux UI is terribly slow for some reason. Apparently the wireless problem is not an uncommon one. No matter, Windows will be installed soon anyways.

I have to go out and buy a screwdriver before I can access the insides to see what modding I can do. I don't have a small one (they aren't tiny screws, they just are smaller than i have a driver for). I also have to wait until my usb cd drive arrives to install windows (they shipped it seperately, d'oh!)

The size of the eee overall is just right. It is small and cramped, but they couldn't have made it any smaller without making it nearly unuseable for my large hands. At the same time, if it had been any bigger, then it wouldn't have been a good subnotebook. I can palm it, and it can fit in the pockets of my largest pair of cargo pants (though it does stick out of them).

The screen is plenty readable indoors.

That's all for now, I'll have more info later. I have to go back to work since my lunch break is over :(
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 05:36:13 PM by urgannagru »

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 05:50:49 PM »

Can you post a pic with something else for size reference? Like a dollar bill or something...

Why don't you just install Windows from a thumbdrive?

http://www.jasbone.com/blog/archives/2008/01/installing-xp-o.html.php

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 19 queries.