GideonTech.com Forums

• November 12, 2019, 08:41:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this G-VFD of any use (Emax POS pole display)  (Read 2502 times)

FormatC

• GT Fanatic
    • Peter's Wacky World
Is this G-VFD of any use (Emax POS pole display)
« on: January 05, 2008, 10:56:56 PM »

It obviously interfaces with a computer since it's for Point of Sales use and It uses a serial port it has a nice big graphical VFD these show up on E B A Y all of the time so maybe one of you bought one to mess around with? I don't want to waste my money on some thing I can't get to work to my liking (Example I want it to display things other than price or product data,  I want it to display Winamp stats Speedfan stats and more) So are there graphical LCD/VFD Programs that will work with this thing? or should I buy one to play around with? I don't even know what chipset it uses as most programs only work with a certain chipset of LCD/VFD

Thanks
Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open up windows.

Computer Screwed up? Hate M$ Windows Then Why not
Format C: The answer to all of your Computer problems.

Here is a test to find out whether your mission
on earth

Hak Foo

• Elite Modder
  • Far too old for his interests
Re: Is this G-VFD of any use (Emax POS pole display)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 11:29:25 PM »

You might have to write a custom driver app, or a module to speak to it specifically.  It probably speaks a propriatery language.

Or maybe it's a common module with custom driver logic attached to speak to the POS system.  Remove the driver and it may interface more easily.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.