GideonTech.com Forums

• May 31, 2020, 01:54:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tech Bits: Caffeine Showdown  (Read 8015 times)

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com
Tech Bits: Caffeine Showdown
« on: December 05, 2007, 02:44:05 PM »

Tech Bits: Caffeine Showdown

What better way warm up the winter months than with a jittery caffeinated writer? Xoxide.com has sponsored this showdown of caffeine with drinks and mints. One test subject has been taking in about 24-48 oz of Pepsi for the last couple of years, as well as using the penguin mints to help pick himself up in the morning or afternoon after a late night of gaming. Some extra caffeine couldn't hurt right?

Caffeine Showdown

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42

RaDragon

• Elite Modder
  • Tee hee hee.
    • RaDragon.com
Re: Tech Bits: Caffeine Showdown
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 02:57:13 PM »

ROFL! This article is GREAT!  :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 04:32:23 PM »

"a warm drink would not be tasty"
trust me, some of those taste much better warm, you would be suprised.

my personal picks include

sobe no fear (sugar free tastes pretty much like the classic, but its more powdery) - tastes like syrupy grapefruit juice, if youre into that kind of thing, and i am, as i drink like 1 can of this a day. #1
monster (classic green version) - tied for my second favorite. #2
rip-it (classic version, red can, power. the kind you tried) - tied for my second favorite. my energy-drink hating GF even likes the taste of this one. #2
amp overdrive - i love the taste (kind of like grenadine) but it wears off way too quick and is mostly sugar, so i dont really drink it as an energy drink. #4

stuff i've had but dont usually buy

sobe essential berry pomegranate - probably the only berry energy drink ive had other than full throttle varieties. very filling. energy lasts a long time. it would be hard for me to drink every day though... soooo sweet. probably my number 5 favorite. #5
go-girl - is very pink and tastes like bubblegum. i'm not sure what i was expecting, but i liked it enough
full throttle - most of their varieties i enjoy at least enough to drink again, though they aren't on my drink every day list. good energy that lasts and is great to mix with booze. consider them all tied for my #8 spot.
bawls (classic) - tastes good, energy doesn't last
snapple elements - rain and fire are my favs, i dont care much for the other varieties, but i adore the rain. plus, its sweetened with agave rather than sugar i believe. i havent been able to find them in stores lately though. i didnt like meteor at all. my #6 fav is rain and #7 fire.
jolt (classic) - a cola classic. good energy.
red bull - good with booze
vault - the cheapest of them all, tastes just like a normal lime citrus soda, is light and awesome. works well too. even after all of those kind words though, its not on my top 10 list. its possibly #11. hey, its a long list...

warnings
-100% stay away from the sugar free bawls - that stuff tastes like crap. how can the normal bawls taste so good and that taste so bad? i really have no clue...
-do not drink 4 or more energy drinks in a day. i've seen people go to the hospital / get their stomach pumped. it's not the caffeine that does you in, its the various odds and ends such as the vitamin b (many of these cans have 2 servings in 1 can, and each serving has 100% of your daily value. now imagine on top of that taking multivitamins. yeah, really not so good for your health). when you've been up for days it doesn't help the health either (hey, college is hard when you have to sleep)

i find that the gurana, taurine, and ginseng do way more for me than the caffeine does, but YRMW.

if you want an energy drink that is semi-healthy, i recommend black tea. good stuff.

(there are many, many varieties of tea, loose leaf, bagged, what kind of bag, where the tea is from, what you drink it with (sugar, agave, honey, etc). if you don't like the first kind of tea you try, keep trying other kinds.

if you like berry juice, acai has taurine and stuff in it naturally, its good energy.

PS: i've been drinking these things for a while, and i tried giving them up, and i was successful, for about 2 months, and then i just needed the energy again :(
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 05:46:50 PM by urgannagru »

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 06:31:06 PM »

I would assume some of the teas would be fine warm/hot. Heating up the carbonated drinks sounds nasty :P

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 09:32:51 PM »

http://www.slashfood.com/2007/11/16/serve-some-dr-pepper-hot/

but really what i meant by the comment was that room temperature warm doesn't kill the taste
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 10:44:35 PM by urgannagru »

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42

Dave303

• Elite Modder
  • Thats MR. Slacker to you
    • MalatoryMods
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 08:38:50 PM »

That...sounds gross.

I would have to agree.. warm prune juice just doesnt sound good.

Now live in the Twin cities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 34 queries.