GideonTech.com Forums

• June 26, 2019, 08:55:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moran AV panels and battery power  (Read 4928 times)

digimer

• GT Fanatic
Moran AV panels and battery power
« on: November 09, 2007, 10:02:58 PM »

Hey all,

Refuge from the ziothing, thought I'd make an on-topic post for a change. I'm not new to case mods (built a keyboard computers with an Epia M10000 few years ago).

My old laptop is dieing, so rather than be boring and buy one, I thought I might take a crack at building one. I'm looking to base it on the Epia PX. I don't need CPU speed so much because 90% of the time I am programming. RAM is more of a concern (I'm using a wopping 256MB on my daily driver) and this board will do 1GB, plenty for me.

There is only two questions I have really. One is for later and it involves advice/pointers on power monitoring in linux and charging circuitry. For now though, my question is about LCDs.

Don't ban me! I read the sticky thread!

I am not asking how, I'll figure that out myself. What I am looking for is help in finding a particular beast. I want a WXGA (1280x800~ish), 12"~ish, low power panel that takes direct DC power, and doesn't need a special adapter. I plan to make my own cable, I just need something with a "standard" input (analogue hddb15) or digital (dvi). I'd prefer 16.7m colours, but 262k would suffice.

I've dug around, and the most promising one I found was this number by Moran AV, an Israeli company I've never heard of before. Has anyone dealt with them before?

Alternatively, and preferably (as I am cheap, can you tell?) I'd be happy with a used unit, but Google and <that online auction place> searches haven't been much help. Has anyone here seen a widescreen, small LCD panel? OEM preferably (I've got a business account so getting stuff from OEMs is generally easy enough), but I'd be just as happy tearing apart a desktop panel.

Right now I'm just lacking any models or even really any manufacturers of anything smaller that 17" panels... Widescreen and then nothing under 19"...

Thanks for any pointers!

Digi

damaged

• Elite Modder
  • Keep your drinks, just give me the money...
Re: Moran AV panels and battery power
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 10:43:14 PM »

Just to be obvious...
None of these would work?
http://www.millertech.com/modular-lcds2.html
"It puts the lotion on the Chen, or it gets the hose again." - Schezuan Bill

digimer

• GT Fanatic
Re: Moran AV panels and battery power
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 08:21:22 PM »

Hey hey!

Dunno how I missed that site in my Googling, but I did. So thanks! I'm feeling like hell tonight, so I've bookmarked it and will look through their lineup tomorrow. They look much closer to what I want than what I found so far.

Digi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.