GideonTech.com Forums

• July 07, 2020, 12:13:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: intel hsf  (Read 5480 times)

jechett

• Case Mod Weenie
intel hsf
« on: September 16, 2007, 11:28:34 AM »

Hey all,

i'm having a bit of a problem with my intel stock hsf. it has twice now stopped and cpu has hit around 60degreesC b4 i noticed...

bad fan? bad bios settings?
i had bios changing the speed (default). I have now changed it 2 run full all times.. i hope it dont happen again.. new cpu!

e6750
p35-ds3r bios F4
hiper 580w

pinkpanther

• Elite Modder
    • http://community.wvu.edu/~njh005
Re: intel hsf
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 01:33:15 PM »

That's not terribly abnormal behavior.  If you're talking about the surface temperature, then 60 C is high, but if you're talking core temp, that is normal.  Most new motherboards turn the fan down/off when the cpu is really cool. 

jechett

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 01:59:11 PM »

Nope unfortunately i'm talking the surface temps.. the individual cores where a LOT higher.

bliq

• Elite Modder
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 06:48:07 PM »

First off, make sure you have activated the thermal shutdown temp setting in BIOS so the machine shuts down if temp is too high.  That will hopefully save your proc.  There are also settings in BIOS that let you choose what temp to turn the CPU fan on at.  As mentioned, the fan may normally be off at some temps.

Then I would try getting one of those adapters that plug into a molex and provides a 3 pin fan header.  Use that.  If the HSF doesn't fail in that configuration, it's not the fan.

It might be the motherboard itself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 34 queries.