GideonTech.com Forums

• May 24, 2017, 01:10:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My HP disappointment  (Read 7081 times)

petro62

• Elite Modder
My HP disappointment
« on: August 30, 2007, 03:13:42 PM »

Well I figured I would post about my woes with HP.  Towards the middle of July 2007 I purchased a laptop in some what of a rush for a trip. I bought a DV6436nr from Best Buy.  Things were going great.  I got Vista to be more like XP and enjoyed how well the laptop was working.  3 weeks into owning this laptop the battery would on longer hold any charge. I could use the laptop as long as it was plugged in, but that was the only way.  As you all know this pretty much eliminates the main feature of a laptop in that it is no longer truly portable.  I was very irritated, but kept my cool because this stuff happens especially when you are talking batteries.

I first contacted HP support using their online chat feature. All went well and they quoted me a date a week away to get my new battery.  Before the chat was all said and done the operator really ticked me off by trying and offering me a extended BETTER warranty.  I know how the sales system works, but this really aggravated me.  Their product couldn't even last 3 weeks without failing and now they are trying to get me to buy a warranty.  I can't say that helped my confidence in their product any bit.  Anyways the date came (8/13 I believe it was) and I had no battery. I checked my status online and it had been delayed to 8/23.  So I get back on their customer support chat and they tell me it has been delayed due to a backlog of batteries.  They quoted me the 8/23 date and said it should be there then and that they would report this to their higher ups.  Well 8/23 has come and gone and still no battery.  Now I am starting to get quite upset as I have had this laptop for nearly 6 weeks and of those 6 weeks it has been broke for nearly half.  I again get on the customer chat and they tell me of their shortage of batteries. They ask me to please understand their situation and I tell them that I do, but I have no sympathy for them.  I tell them that I am aggravated because it is their job to put out a good quality product and then take care of the customer when that product fails.  The representative tells me that he is going to turn this into their manager.

On Tuesday 8/28 I get a phone call while I am at work. The voicemail was from a case manager telling me they would attempt to call me back, but leaving contact information for me to get hold of them.  I attempt to contact the case manager twice on 8/30 to get told to leave a message because all the case managers are busy.  So far I have not gotten through to them or been contacted back by them.

I have worked in the customer service industry before and I have always believed that if you can't give them the exact thing they need then you should upgrade them as it was your service/product that failed them.  They have yet to offer me one of the better, longer lasting batteries in place of my current one.  At this point I would honestly format the hdd send them back the laptop and ask for my money back so I could go buy a Mac or maybe a Viao.  I feel have been more than reasonable, but when you take the plunge and purchase something for the first time(a laptop in this case) and it fails so quickly it really makes you mad.  HP is one of the worlds largest computer manufacturer's and they shouldn't be having problems like this in my opinion.  Also the fact that they can't get these batteries make be believe that they are having lots of problems with them and my next one may do the exact same thing. 

Anyways that is my current complaint about HP and unless their customer service shows something better I have no reason or desire to purchase a HP product again.  Anyone have any HP experiences?

bliq

• Elite Modder
Re: My HP disappointment
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 03:25:17 PM »

maybe they're better now, but all i can say is don't buy a Vaio...

Try a Dell.  Had one for years.  or one of the boutique builders if your wallet can handle the pain...  I liked my Veolcity Micro, but they're not cheap.  My Stinkpad T60p is growing on me now, but they're not cheap either.

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 04:16:19 PM »

Everyone can bash dell all they want, but I loved mine. It was an old p3 500mhz, and I sold it about half a year ago, still alive and kicking in near perfect condition.

My GF has an HP, can't say that she has had any problems with their tech support so far. Then again, when her power brick failed, she just went out and bought a new one rather than deal with the warranty. When you consider the cost of shipping, phone calls, and how much your time is worth, for little parts like that its almost not worth dealing with the warranty.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 04:18:58 PM by urgannagru »

nobody

• Senior Modder
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 11:59:28 PM »

I actually work for dell (until I get downsized in a couple months) and can say that despite knowing literally every concievable problem that one can have, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Haven't head so much about HP though.

petro62

• Elite Modder
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 05:50:01 PM »

Well an update on my battery situation.

Finally I got a hold of a case manager(after several tries) and I had my whole story ready to go.  They offered me a 12 cell battery for free and still send me my original as well. So now I get an upgrade battery and also the regular 6 cell. They caught me off guard with this offer, but I was pleasantly surprised.  Anyways I am still not all that happy with their service and or product, but it seems they are trying to make things better so that is good.

streather

• Senior Modder
  • when we've finally started livin its become 2 late
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 08:46:53 AM »

Everyone can bash dell all they want, but I loved mine. It was an old p3 500mhz, and I sold it about half a year ago, still alive and kicking in near perfect condition.

i have nothing but praises for dell, my  notebook at the moment is a inspirion E1505/6400 and i can't fault it, AND their customer support has been outstanding, I've got quite a few rather random items replaced by asking, battery cos it completely died, keyboard because i accidentally broke the enter button and it lost its responsiveness and even the the little rubber feet from under the laptop (over night delivery on little rubber feet was a bit over kill :lol: especially when they managed to package each one separately :lol:

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 08:58:50 AM »

i have nothing but praises for dell, my  notebook at the moment is a inspirion E1505/6400 and i can't fault it, AND their customer support has been outstanding, I've got quite a few rather random items replaced by asking, battery cos it completely died, keyboard because i accidentally broke the enter button and it lost its responsiveness and even the the little rubber feet from under the laptop (over night delivery on little rubber feet was a bit over kill :lol: especially when they managed to package each one separately :lol:

I know someone (Spexor) who isn't too happy with their Dell :D

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42

THRiLL KiLL

• GT Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 05:15:08 PM »

dell... depending on who you talk with, you will get a diffrent opinion each time. I am netural, i have never owned a dell, nor do i see my self having one.

if you go back 6+ years dells were rock solid,, as time has gone one the quality has dropped... but then so has all the other manufactures..

petro62

• Elite Modder
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 10:05:42 AM »

Well from what I have seen so far HP's customer service is slow and not all that reliable, but they do try to make it right.  Till I get both the batteries I wont be completely satisfied, but I will just be happy when the first comes in so I can use my laptop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 19 queries.