GideonTech.com Forums

• August 21, 2017, 12:53:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buffalotech Rant .... but Newegg.com saves the day!  (Read 11882 times)

timid1

• Elite Modder
Buffalotech Rant .... but Newegg.com saves the day!
« on: August 24, 2007, 08:11:51 PM »

Hi all,

I've had a Buffalotech Terastation Pro for a while now.  1.4 years as a matter of fact.  I bought it from Newegg (which BTW has some of the best customer service I have EVER encountered).  So, anyway, the Terastation died over the weekend.  I called up Buffalotech thinking that they'd just charge me for repairing the unit since it was outside their warranty period.  WRONG. They informed me that they don't even TOUCH units which are outside the warranty.  This means I have a $900 brick (I paid $900 for it back in the day).

So, I was pretty pissed.  I called up Newegg to see if they'd let me buy another one as an "exchange" for my defective unit.  At first, the representative understandably said NO.  However, after asking him to ask his manager, he came back on the line and set up an RMA number for me!   I was surprised to see that my RMA had been set up as an RETURN (not an exchange)!  Even if they do wind up sending me another one instead of giving me a refund (on something I bought over a year ago), I still win.

Anywho, Newegg saved the day.  But.... everyone.... please be warned of Buffalotech's practices.  You pretty much have to have a retailer like Newegg stand up for their customers.  Newegg FTW!!!

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
Re: Buffalotech Rant .... but Newegg.com saves the day!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 08:44:39 PM »

Glad to hear they did that for you. It just goes to show, it all depends on who you talk to. I've had both good and bad experiences with the egg on the phone before.

timid1

• Elite Modder
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 12:39:20 PM »

Update.  I just got the refund from Newegg today.  It was a hassle-free experience.  Newegg ftw.

Just remember folks: learn from my experience with Buffalotech and DON'T buy anything with their name on it.

kurikaze

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 01:48:30 AM »

seriously? mebbe thats why frys stopped recieving buffalo networking
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 19 queries.