GideonTech.com Forums

• November 17, 2019, 06:39:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server closet cooling  (Read 6937 times)

kala

• Case Mod Weenie
Server closet cooling
« on: July 27, 2007, 04:17:26 AM »

I have a room about 10 feet by 40 feet full of shelves with servers. As you can imagine the heat in here is pretty intense, and I find that the central AC that comes in through the ceiling is probably not nearly effective enough. I have a bunch of fans going for circulation, but the tempurature is probably reaching 80 degrees easily.

I'v been looking into portable AC units (no windows in this room, and only one door which has to remain locked). I was hoping for some sort of exuast/drain system that could go out through a hose into the ceiling.

Anyone have good AC units and/or places to buy, or what types of things to look for? Any advice would be much appreciated.

njbrad

• GT Fanatic
Re: Server closet cooling
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 05:09:32 AM »

Here are several sources of info.

http://www.mrslim.com/
http://www.bizrate.com/airconditioners/products__keyword--air+split+conditioners.html
http://www.samsung.com/me/products/airconditioner/floorstandingsplitac/index.asp
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SplitACFAQ?storeId=15001&catalogId=13401&langId=-1&catGroupId=25051
http://www.saleairconditioner.com/

You will need at least... Electrical to the inside and outside portions, tubing between them and a drain from the indoor unit.

You might also want to look at free-standing room air conditioners.  With those though, you have to run ducting to get the hot air out.

Keep us up to date.  This WILL be a project, but well worth it.

Brad

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 11:26:43 AM »

and only one door which has to remain locked

I assume this is a vented door, with holes in it to let the air circulate / let the heat out?

kala

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 02:25:56 AM »

I have a room about 10 feet by 40 feet full of shelves with servers. As you can imagine the heat in here is pretty intense, and I find that the central AC that comes in through the ceiling is probably not nearly effective enough. I have a bunch of fans going for circulation, but the tempurature is probably reaching 80 degrees easily.

I'v been looking into portable AC units (no windows in this room, and only one door which has to remain locked). I was hoping for some sort of exuast/drain system that could go out through a hose into the ceiling.

Anyone have good AC units and/or places to buy, or what types of things to look for? Any advice would be much appreciated.

kala

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 02:33:04 AM »

kala

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 06:37:31 AM »

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 08:12:27 AM »

Some people say bump.  Some people answer questions asked of them.  What's your deal?
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al

urgannagru

• Elite Modder
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 03:50:50 PM »

I can't help, you didn't answer my questions...

ClearCaseMan

• Elite Modder
    • http://www.casemodman.com
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 07:19:08 PM »

This is easy to fix...

Locked...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 5.081 seconds with 18 queries.