GideonTech.com Forums

• December 09, 2019, 06:20:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Review: GT3 Sport Case  (Read 6529 times)

GideonX

• Administrator
  • Elite Modder
    • GideonTech.com
Review: GT3 Sport Case
« on: June 01, 2007, 11:50:39 PM »

Review: GT3 Sport Case

The GT3 Sport Case is a small form factor case created by the folks at GTR Tech Corporation. However, this isn't your every day small form factor (SFF) case. One of the big limits they have removed is the fact that you have to use a limited motherboard or a MicroATX board. They have opened up the motherboard tray to the standard 12 x 9.5 ATX motherboard size. So you now have the option of using full size components typically found in mid or full sized cases in a SFF case.

GT3 Sport Case

GTF Gallery
4 8 15 16 23 42

Hak Foo

• Elite Modder
  • Far too old for his interests
Re: Review: GT3 Sport Case
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 12:23:30 AM »

What good is a case that takes a full ATX board if you can only use two slots anyway?  A uATX case might be wider, but it would also be shorter, give you more slots, and possibly a better cooling choice than FOUR 40mm fans.

If nothing else, it seems SLI/Crossfire are out of the question

Ha11ster

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 11:13:51 AM »

Hi Hak Foo,
GT3 supports three add-in cards. Before we spec'd GT3, we researched common PC configurations. Our research concluded the vast majority of users typically don't use more than three add-in cards. GT3's shipping configuration is two, to support double slot graphics. With GT3's 1VGA-2PCI riser kit, GT3 supports one single slot VGA and two PCI cards. Originally, this was the configuration we were going to ship GT3 with, but when we went back and polled users, they preferred having double slot VGA support standard.

GT3's supports SLI/Crossfire. Though, we yet to announce the SLI kit.

GT3 cooling system is overkill. It has two fans in front; one 80mm and one 92mm. Each fan blows directly to the major sources of heat: CPU/Memory, VGA. The highest end systems we tested GT3 with, the front fans were running at 900rpm for day to day use.
We added the support for add'l 40mm fans in the rear to give users the ability to increase GT3's cooling capability.

The vast majority of motherboards available in the channel are ATX, thus giving users the best selection of motherboards to choose from.

Thanks for your feedback!

Sean Hall
GTR Tech Corporation

What good is a case that takes a full ATX board if you can only use two slots anyway?  A uATX case might be wider, but it would also be shorter, give you more slots, and possibly a better cooling choice than FOUR 40mm fans.

If nothing else, it seems SLI/Crossfire are out of the question

blafrisch

• Elite Modder
  • Blargg
    • Look at me
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 01:17:23 PM »

I must say this is a pretty neat case.  And you assumption is probably right, the only case I have many expansion cards in is my HTPC, the other two have just 1 dual slot video card or 1 other card.  The support of ATX is nice if nothing more than the higher end overclocking/enthusiast boards are mostly ATX.

I do have to have to agree with Hak Foo on something though, the lack of SLI/Crossfire support is a turn off to some gamers.

GT3's supports SLI/Crossfire. Though, we yet to announce the SLI kit.

And a 350W PSU is going to power this how?  You'd have to do a special release of the case with a beefier PSU just for SLI/Crossfire.
You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller.
~ Wierd Al

Dave303

• Elite Modder
  • Thats MR. Slacker to you
    • MalatoryMods
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 04:22:50 PM »

Hak foo, the case with the configureation I got didn't support Sli Crossfire.  Like Ha11ster (sean) from GTR said they are working on one that will support them.
Most cards I put in a machine is 3 and that is my Media center (Video, Wifi, Tuner card).  Most people I know and game with tend to have 2-3 2 video cards (sli/corssfire) & sound. Or a single Video cards with Sound. With the new PCI-E x1 slots I am sure someday we will need to start using them.

The power of the PSU in the case was able to run a Intel P35 Chiptset, 8800GTS video card - fit for the power was tight but it did fit.

but we all know sport cases need flames..

I just need to find some thin pin striping tape to hilight and bring them out more.

Now live in the Twin cities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 19 queries.